Quantcast
Maps of World
Current, Credible, Consistent
Search
Maps / Togo / Information / Togo Facts

Togo Facts




Togo facts can be segregated into Togo geographical facts, Togo Economic facts, Togo Demographic Facts .

Togo Geographical Facts

Some vital geographical Togo facts are:
  • The complete name of Togo is Togolese Republic
  • The geographical location of Togo is 8° N and 1° 10' E
  • The capital city of Togo is Lome
  • Togo a country of area 56,785 sq. km. is a west African country
  • Togo is surrounded by Benin in the east, Burkina Faso in the north, Ghana in the west and Atlantic Ocean in the south.
  • Togo's total land border is 1647 km, and coastline is 56 km.
  • Togo being very close to the Equator has a tropical hot and humid climate towards the south. In the north it is semi arid.
  • Cocoa, coffee, cotton, tapioca, rice, millet, beans and corn are the main crops. Limestone, marble and phosphates form constitute the mineral resources of Togo

Togo Economic Facts

Certain important economic indicators about Togo facts can be summed up as :
  • The monetary unit of Togo is CFA (Communaute Financiere Africaine), commonly called Franc. 1 franc = 100 centimes
  • The per capita gross national income according to World Bank 2006 data is US $350.
  • Cocoa, coffee, cotton and phosphates are the main Togolese exports
  • 32% of the total Togo population lies below the poverty line
  • Cement, Textiles, Beverages, Phosphate mining are the important industrial activities of Togo
  • Total exports in 2004 was estimated at US $ 663.1 million
  • Total imports in 2004 was estimated at US $ 824.9 million

Togo Demographic Facts

A few important Togo facts about its demography are:
  • The total population of Togo is 5.1 million as per UN 2005 data
  • Life expectancy for men in Togo is 52 years. The corresponding figure for women is 56 years
  • Native African tribes numbering 37 make up 99% of the total Togolese population. The remaining 1 % is made up by European and Syrian-Lebanese communities.
  • French is the official language. The African local languages spoken are Dagomba, Ewe, Kabye and Mina




FAQs and Answers on History and Geography



Buy Maps Online


For further info please get in touch with
Bill Spicer Executive VP, MapXL
For US Queries
  (408) 637-0064   bill@mapxl.com