Brazil, the South American country offers a large number of holidays to its residents. There are National Holidays, Local or Regional Holidays as well as other holidays that are dedicated to certain events and festivities.
The list of Brazil Holidays will also be of much help to a traveler sojourning to Brazil. List of National Holidays
Floating - Good Friday (locally known as Sexta-Feira da Paixão, Sexta-Feira Santa)
April 21 - Tiradentes
1ST May - Labour Day (locally known as May Day Dia do Trabalho)
Floating - Corpus Christi (Days after Good Friday)
7th September - Independence Day of Brazil (locally known as Dia da Independência)
12th October- Our Lady of Aparecida Nossa Senhora de Aparecida.
44 days before Good Friday and only the morning is regarded as a holiday.
This date is also observed as the Children Day (Dia das Crianças) on the same day.
- 2nd November- All Souls Day (locally known as Dia de Finados)
- 15th November- Proclamation of the Republic Day (locally known as Proclamação da República )
- 25th December- Christmas Day Natal
- 12th June- Dia dos Namorados is observed as St. Valentine's Day in Brazil.
- Every Second Sunday on May is celebrated as Dia das Mães that is the equivalent of Mother's Day in Brazil.
- Every Second Sunday on August is observed as Dia dos Pais that is the equivalent of Father's Day in Brazil.
- June 24 th - Festa de Sao Joao
- 31 October- Dia das Bruxas (Halloween). Though it is not an official holiday but it is celebrated with a great pomp and zest in the big cities of Brazil.
- 25th August - Dia do Soldado or Soldier's Day
- 19 th April- Dia do Índio, this days is celebrated as Indian's Day (for the natives of Brazil)
Local or Regional Holidays-
- 20th January: Saint Sebastian (locally known as Sao Sebastiao), only observed in the City of Rio de Janeiro.
- 25th January : Founding of Sao Paulo (locally known as Aniversario de Sao Paulo), only observed in the City of São Paulo.
- 2nd February: Our Lady of Regla (locally known as Nossa Senhora dos Navegantes), observed in City of Salvador and Porto Alegre.
- 23 rd April: Saint George (locally known as São Jorge), observed only in the City of Rio de Janeiro.
|List of National Holidays in Brazil 2015|
|Thursday||January 01||New Years Day|
|Wednesday||February 18||Ash Wednesday|
|Friday||April 03||Good Friday|
|Tuesday||April 21||Tiradentes Day|
|Friday||May 01||Labour Day|
|Thursday||June 04||Corpus Christi|
|Thursday||July 09||State Rebellion Day|
|Monday||September 07||Independence Day|
|Monday||October 12||Lady of Aparecida|
|Wednesday||October 28||Civil Servants Day|
|Sunday||November 01||All Saints Day|
|Monday||November 02||All Souls Day|
|Sunday||November 15||Republic Day|
|Friday||November 20||Zumbi dos Palmares|
|Friday||December 25||Christmas Day|