Moldova, situated in the Eastern Europe is a densely populated country of the Soviet Republic. The current population in Moldova is 4,320,490. The Moldova population comprises of various ethnic groups.
The different ethnic groups living in Moldova and there total percentage in the Moldova population is:
- Romanian 78.2%
- Ukrainian 8.4%
- Russian 5.8%
- Gagauz 4.4%
- Bulgarian 1.9%
- Other groups 1.3%
Of the total population in Moldova, 16.5 percent of the populace is under fourteen years of age among which 365, 733 are male and 347,305 are female. The Moldovan citizens, whose age range in between sixteen to sixty-four years comprises of 72.6 percent of the population. The people above sixty-five years consist of 10.9 percent of the populace, among which 175,113 are male and 296,231 are female.
The people of Moldova speak various languages like Romanian, Russian, and Gagauz. The Romanian or the Moldovan is the official language of the people of the country. There are several religious sects in the country comprising of the Eastern orthodox, Jewish and the Baptist. Ninety-eight percent of the population is orthodox and a small percentage of about 1.5 percent is Jewish.
The growth rate of the Moldovian population comes around to 0.11 percent. Following are some of the recent statistics of the Moldova population:
- Birth rate: 10.88 births/1,000 population
- Death rate: 10.85 deaths/1,000 population
- Net migration rate: -1.13 migrants/1,000 population
- Sex ratio: at birth: 1.06 male/female
- 65 years and above: 0.591 male/female
- under 15 years: 1.053 male /female
- 15-64 years: 0.941 male/female
- Infant mortality rate: total: 13.88 deaths/1,000 births
- female: 12.33 deaths/1,000 live births
- male: 15.35 deaths/1,000 live births