Quantcast
Maps of World
Current, Credible, Consistent
Search
World Map / Malaysia Map / Political Map of Malaysia

Political Map of Malaysia

Malaysia is a country located in Southeast Asia, bordered by Thailand, Indonesia, and Brunei. Other neighboring countries which share maritime borders with Malaysia are Singapore, Vietnam, and the Philippines. The capital of Malaysia is Kuala Lumpur with the seat of government in Putrajaya.

Political Map of Malaysia Kuala Lumpur CAMBODIA VIETNAM THAILAND INDONESIA INDONESIA INDONESIA INDONESIA INDONESIA BRUNEI PHILIPPINES PHILIPPINES PHILIPPINES VIETNAM SINGAPORE Sarawak Johar Johar Melaka Melaka Negeri Sembilan Negeri Sebilan Putrajaya Putrajaya Kuala Lumpur Selangor Selangor Pahang Pahang Terenggangu Terengganu Kelantan Kelantan Perak Perak Pulau Pinang Pulau Pinang Kedah Kedah Perlis Perlis Sabah
Description : Malaysia Political map showing the international boundary, states boundaries with their capitals and national capital. Disclaimer



Malaysia is a Southeast Asian country, bordered by Thailand, Indonesia, and Brunei. Malaysia also shares maritime borders with Singapore, Vietnam, and the Philippines.
The country consists of two land areas, separated by the South China Sea. The capital of Malaysia is Kuala Lumpur, but Putrajaya is considered the administrative capital, as the seat of government.

Malaysia's two regions together cover an area of 329,847 square kilometers (127,355 square miles). The regions are called Peninsular Malaysia, which is situated on the Malay Peninsula, bordering Thailand, and Malaysian Borneo, which is East Malaysia and is situated on the island of Borneo. Malaysian Borneo borders Indonesia and Brunei. The two regions differ in size, with Peninsular Malaysia covering around 40 percent of the total territory of Malaysia, and Malaysian Borneo making up the other 60 percent. However, about 80 percent of Malaysia's population lives in Peninsular Malaysia.

Malaysia is divided into thirteen states and three territories. Peninsular Malaysia has eleven states and two federal territories. The states on Peninsular Malaysia are divided into four geographic regions. The states in the Northern Region include Perlis, Kedah, Penang, Perak. The East Coast Region states are Kelantan, Terengganu, and Pahang. The Southern Region contains the states of Negeri Sembilan, Malacca, and Johor. The Central Regions has the state of Selangor, as well as the two federal territories, Kuala Lumpur and Putrajaya. East Malaysia has the states of Sarawak and Sabah and the federal territory of Labuan.

Malaysia State Maps

StatePopulationArea(km.²)Area(mi.²)Capital
Johor2,584,99718,9857,330Johor Baharu
Kedah1,571,0779,4253,639Alor Star
Kelantan1,287,36714,9315,765Kota Baharu
Kuala Lumpur1,305,79224494Kuala Lumpur
Labuan70,8719838Victoria
Melaka605,2391,650637Melaka
Negeri Sembilan829,7746,6432,565Seremban
Pahang1,229,10435,96513,886Kuantan
Perak1,973,36821,0058,110Ipoh
Perlis198,288795307Kangar
Pulau Pinang1,231,2091,033399Georgetown
Putrajaya 4618Putrajaya
Sabah2,468,24673,71128,460Kota Kinabalu
Sarawak2,009,893124,44948,050Kuching
Selangor3,952,8177,9103,054Shah Alam
Terengganu880,23412,9555,002Kuala Terengganu
16 states22,198,276329,845127,354
Note  : - Population: 2000-07-05 census. Population of Putrajaya included in Selangor.

ACOD~20130221
Last Updated : February 23, 2015


You May Like
For further info please get in touch with
Bill Spicer Executive VP, MapXL
For US Queries
  (408) 637-0064   bill@mapxl.com