Quantcast
Maps of World
Current, Credible, Consistent
Maps / Bosnia and Herzegovina Map / Political Map of Bosnia and Herzegovina

Political Map of Bosnia and Herzegovina

Bosnia and Herzegovina is a country located in southeastern Europe on the Balkan Peninsula, bordered by Croatia, Serbia, and Montenegro. The capital of Bosnia and Herzegovina is Sarajevo.


Political Map of Bosnia and Herzegovina Sarajevo Map Croatia Map Croatia Map Croatia Map Croatia Map Croatia Map Montenegro Map Serbia Map
Description: Bosnia and Herzegovina Political map showing the international boundary, first-order administrative divisions and internationally supervised district boundaries with their capitals and national capital. Disclaimer






Bosnia and Herzegovina is a country located in southeastern Europe on the Balkan Peninsula, bordered by Croatia, Serbia, and Montenegro. Bosnia and Herzegovina has 20 kilometers (12 miles) of coastline along the Adriatic Sea, sandwiched between Croatian lands.
The capital and largest city of Bosnia and Herzegovina is Sarajevo.

Bosnia and Herzegovina is divided into two top-level entities: Republika Srpska and the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. The latter comprises 51 percent of the land, while the former occupies the remaining 49 percent. These entities were established in 1995 due to internal conflict, and the entities have some governing power. Brcko District, located in the north, is an additional entity, officially belonging to both the Republika Srpska and the Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina. Brcko District is self governing, however.

The Federation of Bosnia and Herzegovina is further divided into ten cantons, each with its own government. The cantons are Una-Sana, Posavina, Tuzla, Zenica-Doboj, Bosnian Podrinje, Central Bosnia, Herzegovina-Neretva, West Herzegovina, Sarajevo, and Canton 10.

Republika Srpska is divided into 63 municipalities, and the Brcko District is under its own jurisdiction.

CountyPopulationArea(km.²)Area(mi.²)
Banja Luka338,1964,7201,822
Bihać195,5733,8681,493
Brčko256,4672,375917
Doboj319,1253,3561,296
Gorazde155,8903,3841,307
Jajce137,7022,6501,023
Livno133,1474,5001,737
Mostar347,5169,4253,639
Prijedor250,0783,6601,413
Sarajevo424,4725,2122,012
Tuzla452,1075,0671,956
Zenica267,6622,8001,081
12 counties3,277,93551,12919,741

Note:   Population: 1961 estimate

ACOD~20130313

Last Updated On : March 15, 2013


FAQs and Answers on History and Geography

For further info please get in touch with
Bill Spicer Executive VP, MapXL
For US Queries
  (408) 637-0064   bill@mapxl.com

-->