Djibouti is a country that is located in the Gulf of Aden in the north eastern part of Africa. It covers a total area of about 23,200 square kilometers. Important information on Djibouti
covers facts on the government, population, language, festivals, religion and so on. The density of population of Djibouti is 31.1 square kilometers, as per the data of 2005.
Fact about Djibouti
Some quick facts about Djibouti include:
- The government of Djibouti is a republican form of government.
- The major religious communities of Djibouti are Muslim, Protestant, Roman Catholic and Greek orthodox minorities.
- French and Arabic forms are the major official languages of Djibouti. The locals also speak the Somali and Afar languages.
- Since the year 2001, the Prime Minister of Djibouti has been Dileita Mohamed Dileita.
- The President of the country is Ismail Omar Guelleh.
- The weather of Djibouti is very hot especially from June to August. The place enjoys a pleasant climate accompanied by occasional rainfall from the months of October to April.
- The major tourist attractions of Djibouti are Tropical Aquarium, Central Market and Presidential Palace. Besides, there are some beaches like the Kor Ambado and Dorale.
La Nation is the main newspaper of Djibouti. The media in Djibouti is under the strict control of the government. Major Muslim festivals of the place are Eid al-Fitr and Eid al-Adha. All the government offices are closed on Fridays. This important information on Djibouti
is extremely essential for all Djibouti visitors and tourists.
To know more about information on Djibouti,
click on the following links: