Lotte World Korea is a Brobdingnagian park sited in the heart of Seoul. It is a doozie of an amusement park as it consists of not just the rides, but has a department store, a folk museum, a hotel, an ice-skating rink, a duty-free shop, a cinema multiplex, restaurants, and a big discount store, all concentrated just in one place. The park has its own Trevi Fountain. The parades, shows, dancing, and singing events prove to be icing on the cake. Various festivals celebrated in the park are Mask Festival, Rio Samba Carnival, Happy Halloween Party, and Happy Christmas Party.
Both the Lotte World Adventure & Magic Island are replete with 3D films, screen rides, thrill rides, and fantasy parades. The Magic Island is the recreation of the medieval European village. The top attractions of the Magic Island are Atlantis, Gyro Swing, and Gyro Drop. Kids love to ride in Eureka, the high-flying magic boat. The Adventure Park sprawls over four floors. Do not miss the Giant Loop, Desperados – the first interactive shooting game in South Korea, The Conquistador, and Beluga’s Talk Show in the Adventure Park. The scarier rides have longer queues on busy days.
The largest ice skating rink in the theme park is seen abuzz with young novices and professionals alike. It appears as if they are preparing for the next Olympics. The duty-free shop sells over 400 brands. At Lotte Mart, you can buy discounted as well as fresh products.
Lotte Water Park
The Water Park boasts of Korea’s largest 135-meter outdoor wave pool, 35-meter indoor pool, and 118-meter Tornado slide. The Tiki Island lets you undertake an exciting adventure journey to meet Lotty, Lorry, and Lokky. Tiki Wave, Swing Slide, Tube Slide, Indoor Play pool, and Healing Spa pool are some of the facilities on the Tiki Island.
After spending a day full of fun and frolic, you can go ahead to relax at the Tiki Island Spa. Phytoncide, Doctor Fish, Sauna, Jjimjilbang, and Massaging Chair are some of the highlights of the spa.
Also Explore : Things to do in Seoul
Lotte World Location Map
Lotte World Facts
- Lotte World was established on July 12, 1989.
- In 1995, the Guinness World Records accredited the Lotte World Korea as the world’s largest indoor theme park.
- The park welcomes over 8 million visitors annually.
- A cost of about 650 billion won was invested to build the park.
Lotte World Location
Lotte World Korea is a one of the largest amusement parks located in Seoul. It can be accessed by train, express bus, and subway. It takes about two hours (depending upon traffic) to reach the park from the Incheon Airport.
Address : 240, Olympic-ro, Songpa-gu, Seoul, South Korea
Best time to visit Lotte World
The park starts getting crowded after the lunch hours. Weekends and Korea National Holidays are the best days to avoid. Visit the park early mornings.
Lotte world Opening Hours
- The Adventure Park opens from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The Magic Island opens from 9:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The Indoor Water Park opens from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The Outdoor Water Park opens from 8:30 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- The Tiki Island Spa opens from 8:30 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
Lotte World Tickets
- A full-day ticket to the Adventure and Magic Island section for an adult costs 46,000 won and for a child, it costs 36,000 won.
- A full-day Water Park ticket costs 73,000 won for an adult and 58,000 won for a child.
More on Lotte World
What are the coordinates of Lotte World Korea?
37.5100° N, 127.1000° E
Image credit :
AS20150909Published On: Friday, July 25th, 2014