Experience an inexplicable thrill and ecstasy in one of the world’s largest and most refined parks. Universal Studios Japan is a close adaptation of its sister parks located in the USA. This park is a fun fiesta with a host of thrilling options, from rides based on movies, variety of shows, and other attractions to fabulous restaurants.
All your favorite characters come alive in this place. Magical Harry Potter becomes even more fascinating at Universal Studios Japan with the phenomenal representation of this universally loved character.
Hogwarts castle is an integral part of the land of wizardry of Harry Potter. Inside this castle, you will get a chance to explore the classrooms and corridors of the fascinating Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. The thrilling journey takes you through Dumbledore’s Office and the Defense Against the Dark Arts Classroom. There is a chance of goofing up as moving portraits and the famous Sorting Hat might break into a conversation with you.
There is more to the Harry Potter saga. You can set out on an adventure trip with Harry Potter on the Forbidden Journey attraction. Brilliant 4k Imaging Technology has been used to give you a thrilling experience. You have seen Harry Potter flying through the skies, now it is your turn. Are you ready to rip through the skies of Hogwarts just like Harry Potter and his friends.
There is another surprise for you and that is flying through the skies on Hippogriff. Enjoy the ride with your family as this roller-coaster swoops down and takes everyone past Hagrid’s hut.
Things to Do
Have fun all day long with your family at Universal Wonderland:
- Snoopy’s Studio is a popular play area with an outdoor Snoopy ride as well as an exclusive retail outlet for Snoopy goodies.
- Hello Kitty Fashion Zone mesmerizes women of all age groups.
- At Sesame Street Fun World, you can have a fun riot all day long. There is a variety of indoor and outdoor activities to choose from.
Universal Studios Japan Rides :
- Get a chance to experience the amazing adventures of iconic Spiderman.
- Hollywood dream is a gravity-defying musical roller coaster ride.
- Speed freely amongst the amazing world of stars with Space Fantasy.
- Another exhilarating ride takes you through the brilliant world of Hollywood.
- Face the terrifying world of dinosaurs on the Jurassic Park Ride.
- Steer your boat clear of a swarm of sharks at the thrilling JAWS ride.
- Nothing beats time travel. So go on a ride ‘Back to the Future’.
Watch water stunts at WaterWorld, or face an inferno with the Backdraft, or enjoy watching Universal’s live monster show named Rock and Roll Show.
Universal Studios Japan Location Map
Universal Studios Japan Facts
1. The Universal Studios Japan is a huge favorite among locals.
2. The shows are mostly in Japanese. So people who do not speak the language may not enjoy them as much.
Where is Universal Studios Japan?
The Universal Studios Japan (USJ) is situated in Osaka, Japan. It is at a walking distance from the Universal City Station. Many direct trains run from the Osaka Station and connect to the Universal Studios Japan. It can be accessed by bus and ferry as well.
Address : 2 Chome-1-33 Sakurajima, Konohana Ward, Osaka, Osaka Prefecture 554-0031, Japan
Best time to visit Universal Studios Japan
The months of March to May (spring season) and September to November (autumn season) are the best times to visit Japan. You may plan your tour to the USJ accordingly.
Universal Studios Japan Hours
Usually, the park opens from 9:00 a.m. till 8:00 p.m. On weekends, it opens till 10:00 p.m. Also, there may be a difference of an hour or so in the opening times during peak and low season. Check the official website for the current timings.
Universal Studios Japan Tickets
- A one-day studio pass costs 6,667 yen (7,200 yen with tax) for individuals aged 12 and above, 4,612 yen (4,980 yen with tax) for children aged 4-11, and 5,991 yen (6,470 yen with tax) for seniors aged 65 and above.
- A two-day studio pass is worth 11,213 yen (12,110 yen with tax) for individuals aged 12 and above, and 7,797 yen (8,420 yen with tax) for children aged 4-11.
What are the coordinates of Universal Studios Japan?
34.6647° N, 135.4331° E
Which are the famous attractions in the Osaka city?
Osaka Castle and Osaka Castle Park, Osaka Aquarium (Kaiyukan), Shitennoji Temple, Tsutenkaku Tower.
AS20151024Published On: Wednesday, December 10th, 2014