If you want to tour a romantic destination and travel through the pages of history, then Italy is the perfect destination for you. Italy is famous for its olive oil, pasta, wine, Roman relics, and Renaissance palaces. Here is the complete guide to travel best places to visit in Italy.
Places to visit in Italy
The topography of Italy is marked by the two mountain chains, the Alps and the Apennines. The majestic Alps form an arch in the north and stretch from east to west. At its foothills, you have the Po Valley. The Apennines forms the backdrop of the Italian peninsula. In Italy the major islands are Sicilia/Sicily and Sardegna/Sardinia. In the archipelago you will also find Tremiti Islands, Aeolian and Egadi Islands, the Tuscan Archipelago, and the Pontine Islands.
The enchanting country has something reserved for everyone. You can stay for a long duration at the tourist centers, as you have something new for you everyday.
And even if you want to go on off beaten track Italy has options for that as well. One of the places which you can visit on vacations in Italy is Lombardia, the capital of Milan – a business hub as well as a fashion capital. Bergamo is quite near to this place, about an hour’s drive. Further, you may undertake a romantic trip to Venice and Verona. You will be impressed by the picturesque landscape of Verona, and if you want to feast on delectable Italian cuisines, then go to north-west of Italy. For the connoisseur, Piemonte is an ideal choice for the finest of wines. Here you can taste Barolo and Barbaresco, which are the choicest wines made from the Nebbiolo grape. Apart from these, there are museums, modern art, music and book fairs, which give you the feel of the culture of Italy.
A visit to Italy would be incomplete without a visit to the Leaning Tower of Pisa, a testimony to medieval engineering. The tower, more popularly known as the bell tower, stands 60 feet tall, and is famous for leaning at an approximate angle of 10 degree. This eight story tower, is one of the four buildings that make up the cathedral complex of Pisa. Now that tourists are allowed to climb up the tower, it attracts a high number of visitors every year.
Italy Tourist Map
- The age old charm of Italy to the international travelers has resulted in the fact that presently there are numerous choices for reaching Italy from all corners of the world. Here you will find Best places to visit in Italy and Italy top attractions. The visitors can opt for airways, railways, roadways, or even waterways, according to their convenience and preference. The most popular means is undoubtedly by availing any of the numerous flights that are operated by a host of international airlines. Adria, Aegean Airlines, Aeroflot, Air Berlin, Air Baltic, Air Europa, Air Madrid, Albanian Airlines, Atlas Blue, Belle Air, Condor, Croatia Airlines, Cyprus Airlines, Carpat Air, Bulgaria Air, Panorama Airlines, Malaysian Airlines, Climber Air, Iceland Air, Montenegro Airlines, Norwegian Air, LOT Polish Airlines, Kuwait Airways, Tyrolean Airways, Lufthansa, Singapore Airlines, Austrian Airlines, Swiss International, TAO Portugal, Saudi Arabian Airlines, Singapore Airlines, Royal Air Maroc, Kuwait Air, and Yemen Airways are the premier airlines which operate regular and scheduled flights to Italy from various countries of the world.
- The visitors can also take trains from France, Croatia, Austria, Geneva, Germany, Czech Republic, Hungary, Slovenia, and Spain and reach Italy by relishing an extremely comfortably journey. For those travelers who want to avail an adventurous mode of transportation, can opt for ferry service from Greece, Albania, Montenegro, and Croatia.
- Italy is one of the premier tourist destinations of the world which offers a dazzling mélange of pictorial landscapes, magnificent cultural heritage, spectacular art and architecture, bustling cities, and splendid countryside. .
- The fastest and most convenient mode of traveling in Italy is air travel and there are several budget airlines in Italy, which operate regular flights to most of the cities of Italy. The Italian rail system operates different types of trains like TBiz, EurostarItalia, Eurostar City Italia, IntercityPlus, Intercity, Espresso, Interregionale and Regionale, Eurostar and Italia, and TBiz falls. If someone is traveling in train a lot, then he or she can avail the TRENITALIA PASS, where he or she will get the opportunity to travel a lot at a discounted price within the time period of two months.
- Italy takes pride in its well-developed road system. Thus, the travelers can also opt for cars or buses and both these modes of transportation are not only convenient, but comfortable as well. You can also prefer traveling by yachts for charter, skippered and bareboat or they can simply hire a motor boat, sailing boat, exclusive mega yacht, wooden gulet or motor sailer and enjoy a grand time with your near and dear ones.
Things to do
- Italy is considered as the paradise for holiday goers, and this beautiful country does not restrict its appeal to a plethora of natural wonders and a multitude of magnificent sightseeing attractions in Italy, but also includes a sizzling array of choices for entertainment. You can go to night clubs, bars, and dancing pubs. The electrifying nightlife in Italy immediately catches you in its frenzy. For those who want to try out something different, can head towards the vibrant street theater or the Grand Opera Houses and the Academy of Santa Cecilia.
- Italy is teemed with numerous choices for enjoying various outdoor activities and those who are interested in outdoor sports, can try out the innumerable water sports as well as winter sports. Apart from the well-known winter and water sports, there are vast stretches of well-maintained golf courses in most of the major cities of Italy, which allow the golf lovers to play golf amid the spectacular natural beauty of the sparkling Italian towns.
- Many tourists indulge in vigorous shopping spree, and while touring in Italy, one comes across of loads of beautiful stuff and antiques are particularly widely available in Italy.
Each region of Italy has its own specialty and while you visit these places in Italy, don’t hesitate to shop the regional specialties.