Any time is a good time to be in Australia
In Australia, the landscape varies from endless sunbaked horizons to dense tropical rainforest and chilly southern beaches. Scattered along the coasts, its cities blend a European enthusiasm for art and food with a laid-back love of sport and the outdoors. Any time is a good time to be in Australia.
Australian beaches in summer witnesses two poles, a couple of hundred metres apart, each flying a yellow and red flag. This means the area in between is patrolled by lifeguards: big men and women wearing small hats.
Australia is a land of leisure and has a famous “Crocodile Dundee” lifestyle. But the reality is that people work all through the day. The country is renowned worldwide for its vast, untouched landscape and its unique culture. The Australian mainland comprises of six states and two territories.
Places to visit in Australia
- New South Wales (NSW)
- Victoria (VIC)
- Queensland (QLD)
- Western Australia (WA)
- South Australia (SA)
- Tasmania (TAS) – a small triangular island state located off the south coast of the Australian mainland
- The Australian Capital Territory (ACT) – the seat of federal government, focused on Canberra, Australia’s largest inland city
- Northern Territory (NT) – ranging between the “Red Centre” and the tropical Far North.
Australia also possesses a number of island territories in the Indian and Pacific Oceans:
- Ashmore and Cartier Islands
- Christmas Island
- Cocos Islands
- Coral Sea Islands
- Heard and McDonald Islands
- Lord Howe Island
- Norfolk Island
- Macquarie Island
Along with these, Australia also maintains some bases in the Australian Antarctic Territory.
Also Read : Top Things to do in Sydney | 17 Free Things to do in Melbourne | 13 Free Things to do in and around Perth
- Considering the basic truth that Australia is encompassed by ocean on all sides, the question of connecting to this country through land does not arise. If the tourists have a particular destination in their mind, they can simply avail flights to the different parts of the country and also take boats from the nearest ports.
- The most convenient way to travel is by air. Sydney airport being the most-used airport of the country receives flights from almost every country of the world. Reaching Australia means a 3-hour flight from New Zealand, around 12 hours from the Asian countries, 15 hours from the US. If you are somewhere from South America, it takes 13 to 16 hours to reach Australia. It takes the longest time from Europe to reach Australia. Accompanied by other international airports in Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane, etc., a host of airlines bring people from different parts of the world. Reaching Australia from North America will be convenient with Air Canada, United Airlines, etc. From U.K., you will get British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Malaysia Airlines, etc. Those who are availing long haul flights might suffer from jet lag.
- It is easy to reach Australia through New Zealand. The flights generally offer all the comfort, but still it is apt to carry some amusement along if any child is traveling with you. Flying in the air constantly for many long hours takes its toll on them. Before boarding the flight, it will be better if the tourists make proper arrangements of drinking water. Don’t forget to carry digital cameras with you when your destination is Australia.
- Transportation in Australia, has always been convenient, despite the fact that it is the 5th largest country of the world in terms of size. This sparsely populated country is blessed with one of the best transport networks of the world. Starting with the railway system, the visitors are flooded with options. National Railway services like the Great Southern Railway and the Country Link Service, all connect the major cities like Brisbane, Canberra, Melbourne, and Sydney. Some government and private-owned state and city rail services are also there to reach to your favored destination from any part of the country. To be precise, they are fast and easy.
- The tourists will be satisfied to get such effective connectivity of highways and roads with the various parts of the country. Federal and state highways add to the local roads, which comprise of an area of 913,000 km. Some major cities of Australia have some road tunnels which spare the people from the tyranny of traffic congestion. Smooth and speedy traveling is not very difficult. Waterways, unfortunately, cannot be used for traveling in Australia, as the rivers are almost impassable owing to the undependable level of water. Inter-state bus facility provided by Greyhound Australia covers an extensive area of the country. The travelers willing to take a lonely ride around the country, can avail cars from the nearby airport. Before hiring a car, make it sure that you have a valid license with you.
- Airlines like Qantas, Virgin Blue, Jetstar, etc. will fly you to your preferred destination. While Skywest and Airnorth connects with Western and Northern parts of Australia, regional express will take you to the different parts of New South Wales, Victoria, and South Australia.
Though not much in use, it is advisable to avail the inter-city boat services, when you want to travel around the harbor. Sydney’s Northern Beaches, Tasmania’s Devonport and Central Coast of New South Wales also offer a good transport facility.
Find : Airports in Australia
Best Time To Visit
The summer season which is from December to February can be uncomfortably hot, but the great beach weather fills the gap. The summer wet season is very humid and the sea swarms with box jellyfish in the north. Winter (June to August) offers skiing in NSW, Victoria, and sometimes Tasmania. In the spring and autumn season, the weather is mild.
Things To Do In Australia
- Leisure and entertainment are the basic elements which everybody can have to their fullest. This country, rich with some idyllic beaches and landscapes, is the perfect rejuvenator for the visitors. Supported by some rock hills and gorgeous coasts, prepare yourself to let your hair down and dive deep into excitement. As the beaches and pearl farms of Broome in Western Australia keep you wondering, the Sunshine Coast of Queensland will make you mesmerized. Taking a stroll down the coast, sipping some fresh juice or cocktails, will be the most wonderful leisure time of your life.
- The Ayer’s Rock, a huge wind-swept rock of Australia, is a place worth visiting. Ulura-Kata Tjuta National Park of North Australia also attracts the tourist’s attention. Australia’s rich flora and fauna, is to be witnessed to admire the diversity of this country. Being popular in a variety of sports, you will often find some major cricket, or any other events, going on round the year. While in Australia, the tourists have the option to play golf in Queensland, Brisbane, and the Sunshine Coast. You can spend your leisure by scuba diving in the Sunshine Coast, Great Barrier Reef, Byron Bay, etc. Hot air ballooning is also another favorite past time for the natives. Australia encounters some popular festivals like the wine festival which attracts a large number of tourists.
- Whitehorse Musical Theatre, a famous group has been entertaining the audience for a long time. Fourmost Dance Company presents some intricate and sophisticated dances,which simply enthralls the audience. Dreamscape Children’s Entertainment presents some applaudable shows for the children. Party World in Hawthorn, Action DJ in Wentworthville will simply take your breath away. It is a strict counsel not to miss the ride through its national parks and see the kangaroos in their playful mood, reflecting the warmth of the country.