Jingle bells, jingle bells,
Jingle all the way;
Oh! what fun it is to ride
In a one-horse open sleigh.
Sing the “Jingle bells” song and indulge in the pure festivity of Christmas at winter Christmas destinations. If you crave for a traditional white Christmas, then winter Christmas destinations are the best places to be. Despite snow and freezing rain, Christmas celebrations are observed with great pomp and merriment in these destinations. You may even see Santa riding his sleigh driven by a reindeer. Here are the top five winter Christmas destinations for 2016:
Top Five Winter Christmas Destination:
- New York – Christmas in New York has its own charm. Even though New York is an interesting place all year round, yet the city seems to come alive during Christmas. Several activities such as the ice skating rink at Rockefeller Square, train shows, and the “Christmas Spectacular” show held at Radio City music hall, etc. are the center of attraction.
- Italy – Christmas in Italy commemorate with the installation of a huge Christmas tree (one of the world’s tallest) at St. Peter’s Square. The country is decorated with nativity scenes, and at night candles are lit around them. It is believed that a mythological old lady riding a magical broomstick named ‘La Befana’ distributes gifts to the children while on her journey to meet the baby Jesus.
- Mexico – People enjoy extended Christmas in Mexico that begin from December 3 and endi on January 6. Mexican children get their gifts on the last day of the festivity as it is believed that the Three Wise Men bring gifts for baby Jesus and all other children. Pastorelas or shepherds’ plays are a Christmas custom in Mexico.
- Canada – Christmas in Canada is marked by several festivals such as the Cavalcade of Lights, Carnaval de Quebec, and Santa Claus Parade. Elaborate Christmas decorations and creches can be seen throughout the country evoking the holiday fervor.
- Chicago – Christmas in Chicago include Chicago Tree Lighting Ceremony, Annual Magnificent Mile Lights Festival, shopping at Christkindlmarket, watching the Zoo lights at the Lincoln Park Zoo, and a lot more!!
Dress up in new clothes and hang out with your family, friends, and neighbors. Winter is not a reason to stay behind locked doors! It sets the mood to enjoy piping hot delicacies and wine while celebrating Christmas in the snow.
The festive mood of Christmas inspired me to write a short poem:
Everywhere there is snow,
Brighter the lights glow,
With festive spirits the winds blow,
People celebrate with pomp and show,
To greet infant Jesus all bow,
“A very Merry Christmas!” is heard everywhere in tones high and low!!
Image Credit : ForestWander
Christmas in New York
Christmas in South Africa
Christmas in New Zealand
Christmas in Brazil
Christmas in Australia
Traditional Christmas Dinner Menu
Quirky Christmas Tradition Around the World
Best 5 Winter Christmas Destinations
Christmas in Italy
Christmas in Mexico
Christmas in Canada
Christmas in England
Best Places to spend Summer Christmas
Christmas in Chicago
Christmas in Peru
Top 6 places for those Dreaming of white Christmas
Published On: Wednesday, December 7th, 2016