Indonesia is one of the most diverse cultures in the world. Number of ethnic communities abode in thousands of islands in the archipelago. This diversity has brought along many regional cuisines which show a big influence from India, Malaysia, China and as far as Europe. Some of the dishes from Indonesia include Satay, Beef Rendang, Nasi Goreng, Papeda, Babi Panggang, Mei Goreng etc. The ingredients used in Indonesian cuisine include rice & noodles along with various meats, fish, soy based products, coconut, peanuts, spices such as black pepper, lemon grass, turmeric, pandan, galangal, cinnamon etc. All kinds of vegetables are used to make broths served along with meals.
For today's recipe I made Indonesian style noodles with Chicken & Mushroom. The chicken and mushroom is cooked separately and topped over the noodles for serving. The cooking utilizes soy sauce, fish sauce and oyster sauce. The noodles can also be served with some vegetable or chicken broth. You would enjoy this Indonesian taste which can be made quickly in your own kitchen. Just use this Indonesian Chicken & Mushroom Noodles Recipe.
Ingredients (serves 4)
- Oil - 2 tbsp
- Garlic - 1 tsp (chopped)
- Onion - 1/2 cup (chopped)
- Chicken - 2 breasts (cut in bite sized pieces)
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Mushroom - 200 gms
- Soy sauce - 1 tsp
- Oyster sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Fish sauce - 1/2 tsp
- Noodles - 200 gms
- Sesame oil - 2 tsp
- Spring onions for garnishing
Indonesian Chicken & Mushroom Noodles Recipe
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add onion and garlic and fry till onions are translucent.
- Add chicken, salt and black pepper powder and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add mushroom and fry for another minute.
- Add soy sauce, oyster sauce, fish sauce and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Keep aside.
- Heat about 1 lt. water in a pan, when it comes to a boil, add noodles and cook till done.
- Drain the water, add sesame oil in the noodles and mix well.
- Take noodles in a serving bowl, top it with chicken & mushroom preparation.
- Garnish with spring onions.
Note: You can also add some fresh chicken broth in the noodles while serving.Published On: Sunday, June 7th, 2015