Kasugai City is located in the Aichi Ken on the island of Honshu in Japan. Founded in 1943, the city developed rapidly to have a population of 300320 and a high population density of 3165.92 persons every sq km. The Kasugai city has a total area of 92.71 sq km. Kasugai is reputed as the Town of Calligraphy.
Some of the interesting Festivals in Kasugai :-
- The Annual Koen Matsuri Festival at the Ochiai Park every November when families celebrate by hosting tea parties and having concerts in the Park.
- The Ogita Bo No Te Festival at the Ogita Shrine, held in October, has Genji Tenryu School swordsmen demonstrating traditional Kenjutsu style fighting. in Samurai style.
- The Kasugai Matsuri is kicked off with a parade and has an exhibition of local performing arts.
- The Shokubutu-en Matsuri is an interesting flower and plant exhibition at the Botanical Garden. There is also a nature photography exhibition at the same time.
- The Akiba Shrine Fire Walking Ceremony in December is an important religious event attended by many.
- The Noryo Matsuri is an annual Summer Festival celebrated with fireworks and Bon Dancing.
- The Haniwa Matsuri in early November is celebrated by burning traditional Haniwa images at the Mitsumata Fureai Park
- A popular annual event is the Yagai Daikigo Taikai or Calligraphy festival held every November, when people gather to compete in writing elaborate calligraphic characters on a 100 meter long sheet of paper by the side of the Shonai River.
- The Utsutsu Shrine
- The Haniwa Michi Alley
- The Fureai Ryokudo Hiking and Biking Trail
- The Tofu Memorial Hall
- The Botanical Gardens called Greenpia Kasugai.
- The Futagoyama Kofun Burial Ground
- The beautiful Ochiai Park
- The Tahoto Pagoda of the Mitsuzoin Temple
|More Cities in Japan|
Last Updated on: December 12th, 2017