Maps of World
Current, Credible, Consistent

Pacov




Completely destroyed in a fire in the year 1727, the town of Pacov was rebuilt in the baroque architectural style. The town was one of the less developed towns of the Zlin region with the industrial development beginning
only in the 20th century. Pacov is situated at a distance of 25 kilometers from the other town of Tabor. The region earned the status of a town in the second sphere of the 16th century. Before that the town was known for its castle and the small adjoining settlement that was situated around it.

The town of Pacov was industrially less developed but renowned for its crafts and traditional drapes. The monumental baroque chateau dominates most of the town. The castle was reconstructed in the year 1584. The chateau was converted into a baroque monastery for the white friars in the 1660's and was henceforth elaborated in space by the order of white friars in the year 1719.

St. Wenceslas' Church is now an added part of the monastery. Church of St. Michael the Archangel is another religious site lying close to the square of Pacov. Founded in the 14th century, the church stands in all its grandiosity displaying the Gothic form of architecture in which it was constructed




 

EU GDPR Update
MapsofWorld has updated its Terms and Privacy Policy to give Users more transparency into the data this Website collects, how it is processed and the controls Users have on their personal data. Users are requested to review the revised Privacy Policy before using the website services, as any further use of the website will be considered as User's consent to MapsofWorld Privacy Policy and Terms.
For further info please get in touch with
Bill Spicer Executive VP, MapXL
For US Queries
  (408) 637-0064   bill@mapxl.com