Police deny arrest over Boston marathon attacks
April 18 , 2013
US officials have denied reports that a suspect has been detained over Monday's Boston marathon bombings. On Wednesday, the Associated Press and CNN cited law enforcement officials stating that someone was in custody. However, police and the FBI in Boston later denied the reports.
The officials had reportedly said that a suspect had been identified from security video close to the finish line.
Three people were killed and more than 170 people were injured in the attack. Doctors treating patients said their injuries indicated that the bombs contained shards of metal and other shrapnel. A number of victims had to have their limbs amputated.
No one has yet claimed responsibility for the bombs, which according to a source, were placed in black bags and left on the ground.
The lid of a pressure cooker, believed to have blown off during the explosion, was found on the roof of a nearby building, according to an official.
President Barack Obama is due to travel to Boston tomorrow for a memorial.
Know about the location of Boston Marathon blasts in Massachusetts through Boston Marathon Explosion Map