Quantcast
logo

Italy to deport Tunisia museum attack suspect

  • A Moroccan national accused by Tunisian authorities of supplying weapons in the Bardo Museum massacre earlier this year will be deported from Italy, police said. "Abdel Majid Touil is in Italy without a regular permit of stay so an expulsion order has been issued against him," said a police statement. "He will be held in a centre for identification and expulsion (CIE) in Turin until he is expelled," the statement added. Earlier on Wednesday, a Milan court rejected a request from Tunisia to extradite the 22-year-old Touil because he could be executed there if he is convicted of involvement in the Bardo attack. (Source: IANS)