Boko Haram attacks: Nigerian government says 150 killed
January 13 , 2015
The Nigerian government has said that the number of people killed in last week’s attack by the militant group Boko Haram on Baga town was not more than 150 and this includes “many of the terrorists,” according to media reports.
Earlier estimates by local officials had put the number of those killed in the north-eastern town at 2,000. According to the defence ministry, that figure was a "conjecture" and "exaggerated."
The ministry said the military was taking steps to maintain law and order in the affected areas.
View more news about Boko Haram