Quantcast
logo

iPhone catches fire in girl's pocket

  • School officials mentioned that a 13-year-old girl in Maine noticed smoke and a sound coming from the back pocket of her pants where she had kept her phone. 

    She suffered first- and second-degree burns after her iPhone caught fire and was later treated at a hospital. 

    Fire officials are investigating the incident but the common speculation is that the battery of the device "shorted out" when she sat down. 

    "People should obviously use caution when placing their phones in their back pockets so as not to crush them and cause an electrical short," an official said. 

    Tagged as: girl iphone, iphone fire, iphone fire maine, technology news