Fire hazard: Hewlett-Packard recalls 6 million computer cords
August 27 , 2014
Computer firm Hewlett-Packard (HP) and federal authorities have recalled about 6 million power cords that were sold from September 2010 to June 2012 with notebooks and some docking stations, as per media reports.
The cords could possibly catch fire after overheating, it is feared. At least 29 cases were reported — including burns and over a dozen instances of property damage.
The power cords should be immediately unplugged, a consumer protection body has warned.
Hewlett-Packard has also provided customers an online mechanism to check if their cord is among the ones being recalled.