Quantcast
logo

Oscar Pistorius rules out competition for 2013

  • South African Paralympian Oscar Pistorius, charged for the murder of his girlfriend, will not compete in any events this year, according to media reports on Monday.

    Previously, the sprinter's agent had said the August world championships in Moscow were "on the radar" after Pistorius' bail conditions were relaxed in March and the 26-year-old was given permission to travel abroad.

    However, the double amputee will not return to the track in 2013, according to his coach.

    "We have decided as a team we are not talking any training or athletics. We have postponed (races) for the whole year," Ampie Louw told South African news channel, EyeWitness News.

    Pistorius, known as ‘Blade Runner’, is accused of premeditated murder after shooting Reeva Steenkamp in his home in Pretoria on February 14.

    His next court appearance is scheduled for June 4.

    Explore the geography of South Africa through South Africa Map

     

    Tagged as: Sports news, Oscar Pistorius, Paralympian, Pistorius