Sam Mendes 'won't direct' Skyfall follow up
March 7 , 2013
Sam Mendes, director of the latest Bond film Skyfall, revealed on Wednesday that he would not direct the next in the lucrative series.
In an interview with Empire Magazine, he said it had been a "very difficult decision".
The director is currently working on a stage production of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, which he says needs his "complete focus over the next year and beyond".
However, he added he had not ruled out the possibility of a future return to the 007 franchise.
The Oscar-winning director won the award for outstanding British film alongside producers Michael G Wilson and Barbara Broccoli at this year's BAFTAS.