Rapper Lil Wayne thanks fans after health scare
March 17 , 2013
American rapper Lil Wayne has thanked fans for their concern following a reported seizure that saw celebrity website TMZ.com claim he was in a medically induced coma and near death.
"I'm good everybody. Thx for the prayers and love," Wayne said in a Twitter message on his official account on Friday.
Meanwhile in an email, the 30-year-old rapper's spokesperson said, "Lil Wayne is recovering," without disclosing what he was suffering from.
Earlier this week, TMZ reported that the rapper had been admitted to Cedars-Sinai in Los Angeles for seizures and was released on Wednesday. The website later said he was readmitted a few hours later after his bodyguard found him unconscious on the floor of his room.
Wayne, whose real name is Dwayne Michael Carter Jr., has suffered several unexplained seizures in the past few months.
The New Orleans native began rapping at the age of nine and became the youngest artist to be signed by Cash Money record label.
He has released nine studio albums over a 20-year career and one of the biggest names in the genre.