Justin Timberlake apologizes for homeless video
October 28 , 2012
Singer/actor Justin Timberlake issued an apology on Friday over a video that features homeless people in Los Angeles congratulating him and new wife Jessica Biel on their wedding.
The video was filmed by a friend of Timberlake's and intended as a tongue in cheek present for the couple's wedding in Italy last week.
However, the gag backfired after gossip website Gawker got hold of the video and celebrity news site TMZ.com traced one of the homeless men, who revealed he had been paid $40 for appearing in it.
In an open letter on his website, Timberlake said he had no knowledge of the video and "had absolutely ZERO contribution to it" but said that it was "distasteful" and was "made as a joke and not in any way in mockery".
Gawker was forced to remove the video from their site earlier this week after they were threatened with a lawsuit from attorneys representing Timberlake's friend, Justin Huchel, who said the film was stolen and was made "to be used and exhibited privately at Justin Timberlake's wedding as a private joke without Timberlake's knowledge".
Timberlake, 31, a former member of 1990s boy band N'Sync who has gone on to forge a successful career in Hollywood, married Total Recall actress Biel, 30, in southern Italy last week.