Quantcast
logo

Taco Bell explains its mystery ingredients

  • Taco Bell said earlier in 2011 that it uses 88 percent of actual beef and left the world wondering what the remaining 12 percent was. The company has now explained each ingredient on a page. 

    "Cellulose is a safe carbohydrate found in the cell walls of plants and helps with water and oil binding," it reads, Other ingredients with weird names are used to enhance taste, bind the product together, decrease sodium levels, etc. 

     "We use the same quality beef used in all ground beef," the company wrote on its page. Moreover, a chemist told ABC that none of the ingredients mentioned appear to be harmful.

    Tagged as: taco bell safety, taco bell ingredients, taco bell beef, money news, business news