Quantcast
logo

Chrysler crash: US jury awards $150 million to family for boy's death

  • A jury in the US has awarded $150 million to the kin of a boy who died following a crash in 2012 that involved a Jeep Grand Cherokee.

    The jeep, which four-year-old Remington Walden was traveling in, was hit from behind by another vehicle, which caused its fuel tank to rupture and burst into flames.

    While Chrysler has to pay 99% of that sum, the other vehicle’s driver will pay 1%.

    Jurors said that the car firm had failed to give a warning to customers about the risk posed by the tank’s position.

    Tagged as: US jury, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Remington Walden, rupture, ignite, tank, business news