Education in Yemen consists of basic education (9 years) and secondary education (9 years). There were about 2,699,788 students and 90,478 teachers in Yemen in the year 1997. The students received Intermediate School Certificate after nine years of their schooling. Secondary schooling continues for 3 years. After passing the Secondary school examination, the pupils receive General Secondary Education Certificate also called 'Al Thanawiya'.
Yemen education provides scope for higher studies as well. Students enroll themselves at the universities, which takes a total of 4 years for completion. However, the time taken to complete medical studies and engineering is about 5 to 6 years.
Schools in Yemen
- American School of Sana'a, Yemen
- Yemen Language Center
- Turkish International Schools - Junior Section
- American International School of Sanaa, Yemen
- Sanaa Institute of Arabic Language, Yemen
- Sana'a University
- University of Science and Technology Sana'a
- University of Aden - Faculty of Education
- TCL Yemen - Tayba Center for Languages
- Queen Arwa University
- Al-Ahgaff University
- Lebanese International University