Valencia is the capital city of the Venezuelan state Carabodo in North Venezuela. Valencia city in Venezuela is geographically located at 10º 18' S and 68º W. This Venezuela city was founded in 1555.
Importance of Valencia
Valencia is located in an agricultural region producing cotton and sugar cane. Cattle farming is also an important economic activity. Though located in an agricultural area, Valencia is an industrial city famous for chemicals, motor vehicles, textiles, consumer goods and cattle feed industries. Valencia is an important commercial center for marketing cotton, sugarcane and cattle.
Valencia was the capital of Venezuela in 1812 and 1830. The Universidad de Carabodo is an important educational institute in Valencia.
Valencia has a tropical climate with uniform temperature throughout the year. The maximum day temperature ranges between 30º C - 32º C, while the minimum night temperature varies between 17º C - 22º C. The annual rainfall is approximately 90 cm, with the maximum rainfall between June and September.
Accommodation in Valencia is available in hotels, villas and rented apartments. Some of the notable hotels in Valencia include:
- InterContinental Valencia - A premium hotel in Calle Juan Uslar, Valencia
- Ayre Astoria Palace - A 4 star hotel located in Plaza Rodrigo Botet, 5 Valencia, 46002
- Holiday Inn Valencia - A 4 star hotel in Paseo de la Alameda, 38 Valencia, 46023
- Zenit Valencia - This 4 star hotel is located in C/Bailen, 8 Valencia, 46005
- Sorolla - A 3 star hotel in Covento Santa Clara, 5 Valencia, 46002
- Villareal - this 3 star hotel is located in Angel Gulmera, 58 Valencia, 46008