Top Viewed West Virginia Maps
A West Virginia Map helps you find out the important roads, capital city, top hotels, airports, and famous tourist destinations in the state of WV. The major tourist attractions in the state are listed below:
- Bluefield - It is the tallest city in WV, lying in the East River Mountains.
- Beckley - Houses the Tamarack and a coal pit for display.
- Charleston - The capital of the state and cultural hub.
- Charles Town - A famous town established by Charles Washington, youngest brother of George Washington.
- Huntington - Houses the Marshall University.
- Harpers Ferry - An important Civil War base and the most famous tourist spot in WV.
- Parkersburg - It is home to the Blennerhassett Island.
- Morgantown - Meeting place for the West Virginia University rock climbers.
- Wheeling - The city is famous for a trendy casino and Victorian design.
- Monongahela National Forest - More than 919,000 acres of jungle extending from Richwood to Elkins.
- Blackwater Falls State Park - This state park is the most snapped place in the state, moving across a canyon beside the Blackwater River, Hotels in West Virginia
- Embassy Suites Charleston
- The Greenbrier
- Residence Inn Charleston
- Hilton Garden Inn Morgantown
- Fairfield Inn Beckley
Airlines in West Virginia
Major airlines providing flights in and out of the state include Delta Airlines, Continental Airlines, United, Northwest Airlines, and US Airways. The Yeager Airport in Charleston is the principal airport of the state.
Economy of West Virginia
West Virginia economy is flourishing and it was ranked 62nd by the World Bank among all the economies in the world, just behind Iraq in 2009. Major industries include automobile, aerospace, steels and metals, education and healthcare, manufacturing, media and telecommunications, biometrics, hospitality, tourism, and forestry. Tourism is a key employment generator in the state.
Joined the UnionJun 20, 1863
Area24,230 sq mi
Highest PointSpruce Knob
Lowest PointPotomac River at Virginia border