Most Viewed Louisiana Maps
Tourist attractions in LouisianaThe main tourist attractions in the state of LA are as follows:
- Shreveport: The largest city in the northern region of the state
Other prominent tourist attractions include the following:
- Great River Road - In the middle of Baton Rouge and New Orleans.
- Chalmette - Location of the Battle of New Orleans National Monument
- Plaquemines Parish
- New Roads - A vibrant community beside the False River.
- Woodworth - One of the most developed settlements in the heart of Louisiana. Terrebonne Parish
Hotels in LouisianaThe Pelican State has many hotels and motels to accommodate the discerning visitors and some of them are listed below:
- Best Western Airport Inn
- Hilton Shreveport
- River's Edge Motel
- Best Western of Alexandria Inn & Suites & Conference Center
- Best Western Plus St. Christopher Hotel
- Horseshoe Bossier Casino & Hotel
Alexandria, Baton Rouge, Lafayette, New Orleans, and Shreveport are the cities with the best hotels.
Airlines in LouisianaAlexandria International Airport, Baton Rouge Metropolitan Airport, and Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport are the major airports in the state. American Eagle, Continental Airlines, AirTran Airways, Delta Airlines, Air Canada, US Airways, JetBlue Airways, and Vision Airlines serve the state.
Economy of LouisianaAgriculture is the main economic sector. Other industries include oil and coal products, chemical goods, food processing, paper commodities, and transportation machinery. Tourism is a major factor in the economy, particularly in the New Orleans region.
Last Updated On : June 13, 2013
Joined the UnionApril 30, 1812 (18th state)
Total Area51,843 sq mi
Largest CityNew Orleans
Highest pointDriskill Mountain
Lowest pointNew Orleans