Hoosier National Forest is located in south-central Indiana. It covers parts of nine counties in southern Indiana. It has an area of 201,104 acres and is managed by United States Forest Service.
Clifty Falls State Park
The Clifty Falls State Park is located in Jefferson County, Indiana. Covering 46 miles, it is a state park managed by Indiana Department of Natural Resources. It was established in 1920 and features Clifty Creek, Little Clifty Creek, and a canyon. It is home to many waterfalls and is named for them. Some of these falls are Big Clifty Falls, Little Clifty Falls, Hoffman Falls, and Tunnel Falls. It also has many trails, including some of the most rugged trails in thestate.
Indiana State Museum
The Indiana State Museum is located in Indianapolis, Indiana. Established in 1862, it is situated within White River State Park and has exhibits on the history of Indiana. It was established by R. Deloss Brown, then-state librarian. It was previous located in many places, such as the state Capitol building and the Old Indianapolis City Hall building. It shifted to its current location in Indianapolis, on May 22,2002. The museum covers an exhibit area of more than 4,000 square meters and has approximately 300,000 artifacts.
|State Parks||Clifty Falls State Park, Spring Mill State Park, Shades State Park, Pokagon State Park|
|Beaches||Miller Beach, Salomon Beach, Indiana Beach, Bass Lake State Beach|
|Museums||Indiana State Museum, Indiana Historical Society, Bell Aircraft Museum, Indiana Aviation Museum|
|Historical Places||Levi Coffin House, Grouseland, Indiana World War Memorial Plaza Historic District, Clement Studebaker House|
|Other Places||Hoosier National Forest, Indiana Dunes National Lakeshore, Lincoln Boyhood National Memorial|
Levi Coffin House
The Levi Coffin House is located in present-day Fountain City, Indiana. Constructed in 1839, it was declared a National Historic Landmark in 1965. This two-story building served as a station on the Underground Railroad and comprises eight room. Levi Coffin and his wife helped more than 2,000 slaves escape to freedom. In 1967, the government of Indiana acquired the house and three years later, it was opened to the public.