Location Map of Places to visit in California
Read about the various interesting places to visit in California.
|State Parks||Yosemite National Park, Angel Island State Park, California Citrus State Historic Park, Donner Memorial State Park, Emerald State Bay Park, Grover Hot Springs State Park|
|Beaches||Sonoma Coast State Beach, Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Crescent Bay Beach, Doheny Beach, Pearl Street Beach|
|Museums||State Railroad Museum, Museum of Jurassic Technology, Folsom Prison Museum, Museum of Death, Burlingame Museum of Pez Memorabilia|
|Historical Places||Alcatraz Island, Angelus Temple, Borax Lake Site, Fort Ross, Gonsalez House, Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum|
|Other Places||Big Shoe, Lake Tahoe, Bulldozer Building, Los Angeles, Lake Tahoe, Disneyland Resort and Theme Park, Golden Gate Bridge, Monterey Bay Aquarium|
- Yosemite National Park : A world heritage site, the park is known for its amazing waterfalls, freshwater streams, Giant Sequoia groves, spectacular granite cliffs and wilderness. The scenic beauty attracts many visitors to the place (3.5 million people every year).
- Huntington Beach : Known as the cradle of surfing, Huntington Beach is a must-visit place. Surfing, sun-bathing, bird-watching, skating, surf fishing and bonfires are famous. The beach serves as a sanctuary for the rare and endangered species like the tern and the snowy plover.
- Museum of Death : The world-famous museum houses the largest collection of crime scenes, paintings, drawings and sculptures; murders, body bag and coffins; and also videos of serial killers and autopsies. The museum offers thrilling adventures with a good dose of reality. People who love horror must visit the Museum of Death.
- Disneyland Resort and Theme Park : Disneyland is an adventure park that keeps one engaged with new and exciting adventures. It is a place for both young and old where the imagination gets to fly high. The wonders of this fantastic magical world with its various amusement parks make for a perfect family outing. Hollywood Land, Paradise Pier, Cars Land, Sunshine Plaza are some of the many theme parks within the huge Disneyland. The park is visited by millions of people worldwide; in 2010, 15.98 million people visited the park.
- Golden Gate Bridge : One of the most-famous icons of San Francisco, the Golden Bridge is acclaimed as one of the world's most beautiful bridges. The tremendous towers and its sensory beauty (featuring color, sound, and light) make it a popular tourist destination. Frommers, a travel guide believes the bridge is "possibly the most beautiful, certainly the most photographed, bridge in the world."