Historians always argue as to who all belong in the long list of Founding Fathers, however the most commonly accepted men who became the founders of present day America are listed below. (We’ll be sure to add resources for all in the list)
- John Adams: He was a member of First Continental Congress and was active in drafting the Declaration of Independence.
- Thomas Jefferson: Played major role in the Revolutionary War, later went on to become the third American President.
- George Washington: Became the first President of United States after playing a critical role in the American Revolution as the commander of the Continental Army.
- Benjamin Franklin: He was a writer, diplomat and an accomplished inventor prior to his involvement in the American Revolution. He later served as US Ambassador to France followed by serving as the Governor of Pennsylvania.
- James Madison: He is regarded as the ‘Father of the US Constitution.’ Before becoming the fourth President of the US, he authored the first ten amendments in the US Constitution.