2) New Hampshire is bounded by Massachusetts, Maine, Vermont, the Atlantic Ocean, and the Canadian Province of Quebec.
4) Mount Washington is the tallest point in New Hampshire and its altitude is 6,288 feet. This mountain is famous for the highest wind speed to be recorded in the world.
5) The state covers a total area of 9,304 sq miles and is the 46th biggest state in the United States.
6) Before it achieved statehood, the entire territory was known as the Province of New Hampshire. It was admitted to the Union on June 21, 1788 as the 9th state of the country. However, the state of NH was the first to proclaim independence from Great Britain.
7) The official amphibian is the Red-Spotted Newt.
8) Famous residents of the state of New Hampshire include Robert Frost, Alan Shepard, and Franklin Pierce.
9) Londonderry Common Field is the first site to raise potato in the country.
10) The official motto is "Live free or die".
11) The official bird is the Purple Finch.
12) The official butterfly is the Karner Blue.
13) The state mammal is the White-Tailed Deer.
14) The official flower is the Purple Lilac.
15) There are more than 1,300 lakes and water bodies in the state and lakes cover 277 sq miles of the state.
16) The official sport of the state is Skiing.
17) The geographical core of the state is situated in Belknap.
18) Wolfeboro is the Oldest Summer Resort in the United States.
19) Dover is the oldest colony in the state.
20) The official tree is the White Birch and the butterfly is the Karner Blue.