2) The capital of Nebraska is Lincoln and the biggest city is Omaha.
4) Nebraska shares its boundaries with Iowa, South Dakota, Kansas, Missouri, Wyoming, and Colorado.
5) Before achieving statehood, the area was known as Nebraska Territory. It was admitted to the Union on March 1, 1867 and became the 37th state of the country.
6) Whale hunting is prohibited in the state.
7) The state covers a total area of 77,354 sq miles and is the 16th biggest state of the country.
8) Omaha is the hometown of Marlon Brando, the famous Hollywood actor.
9) The official motto of the state is "Equality before the law".
10) The official flower is the Goldenrod.
11) The official anthem is "Beautiful Nebraska".
12) The state is known for many famous residents such as Fred Astaire, Marlon Brando, Montgomery Clift, Richard B. Cheney, Gerald Ford, James Coburn, Henry Fonda, David Janssen, and Nick Nolte.
13) The European Honeybee is the state insect of Nebraska.
14) The Reuben Sandwich was first prepared in this state.
15) The official gemstone is the Blue Agate.
16) The highest point of the state is the Panorama Point and its altitude is 5,424 feet.
17) Nebraska is home to more lengths of river than any other state in the country.
18) Prague hosts the biggest Kolache Festival in the world.
19) The state houses the famous Union Pacific Railroad Museum.
20) The state fish is the Channel Catfish.