2) Missouri shares its boundaries with Illinois, Iowa, Tennessee, Kentucky, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Nebraska, and Kansas.
4) Prior to achieving statehood, it was known as Missouri Territory. It attained statehood on August 10, 1821 and became the 24th state of the Union.
5) The official motto is "The welfare of the people shall be the supreme law".
. 6) The official bird is the Bluebird.
7) The official anthem is "Missouri Waltz".
8) St. Louis is nicknamed "Home of the Blues" and "The Gateway to the West".
9) The official animal is the Mule.
10) The official insect is the Honeybee.
11) Warsaw is the place where both the highest and lowest temperatures of the state have been recorded. The lowest temperature of -40 degree F was documented on February 13, 1905 and the highest temperature was registered on July 14, 1954 at 118 degree F.
12) The official mineral of the state is the Galena.
13) Washington is nicknamed as the "Corn Cob Pipe Capital of the World".
14) Soybean is the most moneymaking crop in the state.
15) The official tree is the Flowering Dogwood.
16) Kansas City is nicknamed as the "Barbecue Capital of the World".
17) With an elevation of 1,772 feet, the Taum Sauk Mountain is the highest point of the state.
18) The official flower is the White Hawthorn Blossom.
19) The official fish is the Channel Catfish.
20) Famous natives of the state of Missouri include Mark Twain, T.S. Eliot, Walt Disney, Joseph Pulitzer, and Harry S. Truman.