2) The state of MI encompasses a total area of 96,716 sq miles, which makes it the 11th biggest state in the U.S.
4) The tallest point in the state is Mount Arvon and its elevation is 1,979 feet. With an altitude of 571 feet, Lake Erie is the lowest point of the state.
5) Michigan was included into the Union on January 26, 1837 and became the 26th state of the country.
6)The official mammal is the White-Tailed Deer.
7) The official bird is the American Robin.
8) The official flower is the Apple Blossom.
9) The official motto is "If You Seek a Pleasant Peninsula, Look About You".
10) The official tree is the White Pine.
11) The highest temperature recorded in the state was at Mio at 112 degree F on July 13, 1936. On February 9, 1934, the lowest temperature in the history of the state was recorded at -51 degree F at Vanderbilt.
12) Famous natives of the state of Michigan include Francis Ford Coppola, Tom Selleck, Lily Tomlin, Gerald Ford, Diana Ross, and Stevie Wonder.
13) Due to its extensive coastline, the state is nicknamed the Water Wonderland.
14) The state shares its borders with Canada, Wisconsin, Ohio, and Indiana.
15) The official anthem is "My Michigan".
16) The official fish is the Brook Trout.
17) The official reptile is the Painted Turtle.
18) The state has abundant natural and mineral resources such as gypsum, copper, sandstone, salt, iron ore, wood, and fish.
19) The official animal is the Wolverine.
20) The official gemstone is the Isle Royale Greenstone.