2) The capital of Massachusetts is Boston and it is also the biggest city of the state.
4) The Norfolk County is the hometown of four American presidents and they are John Quincy Adams, John Adams, George Herbert Walker Bush, and John Fitzgerald Kennedy.
5) With an elevation of 3,492 feet, the tallest point in Massachusetts is Mount Greylock.
6) The official motto is "By the sword we seek peace, but peace only under liberty".
7) The official bird is the Chickadee.
8) The official anthem is "All Hail to Massachusetts". It was written and composed by Arthur J. Marsh.
9) The official flower is the Mayflower.
10) The official beverage is the Cranberry Juice.
11) The official tree is the American Elm.
12) Lowell is the famous place where the industrial revolution in the United States started.
13) The official dessert of the state is the Boston Cream Pie.
14) The official mammal is the Right Whale and the official horse is the Morgan Horse.
15) The official fish is the Cod.
16) Massachusetts shares its boundaries with Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New York, and New Hampshire.
17) The demonym of the state is Bay Stater.
18) The official reptile is the Garter snake.
19) The official insect is the Laby bug.
20) The important industries of the state include electronics, textiles, education, printing, fishing, and travel and tourism.
More About :
|Massachusetts Fast Facts||Infographic of Massachusetts Facts|