Uruguay tourist attraction
is innumerable in number. The large number of sightseeing spots of Uruguay draws a hefty crowd every year. Maximum crowd is seen during the summers. Uruguay abounds in numerous white sandy beaches, old monuments, greenery and others.
Some Uruguay Tourist Attraction
Some of the major tourist attractions in Uruguay are as follows:
- Aguas Dulces: It is a fishing village in Rocha department known for seafood and butia palm fruit.
- Parque Nacional Santa Teresa: This monumental park has the hilltop known as Fortaleza de Santa Teresa. It also has beaches and forest camping facility.
- Montevideo: It is the summer resort for the Argentines and also is the
capital of Uruguay. It is known for its white sandy beaches.
- Museo del Indio y del Gaucho: This museum is in Tacuarembo and is open to the public from 1 pm to 7 pm from Monday to Friday. On Saturday and Sunday, the museum is open from 2 pm to 6 pm.
- Mercado del Puerto: It houses numerous restaurants and the market here is always very crowded.
- Colonia del Sacramento: Filled with restaurants, bars and a happening nightlife.
- Termas de Dayman: It is a bath complex in northwestern Uruguay.
- Casa Pueblo: An art gallery located at Punta Ballena.
||Popular Travel Destinations
|Colonia Del Sacramento||Estévez Palace|
|Punta Del Este||Cerro Catedral|
|Plaza Independencia||Casapueblo, Punta Ballena|
|Gateway Of The Citadel||Cabo Polonio|
The other tourist destinations of Uruguay are:
- Colonia Suiza
- Cerro Pan de Azucar
- Punta del Este
- River Delta
- Museo Didactico Artiguista
- SOS Rescate de Fauna Marina
- Punta del Diablo