UK Cities Maps
England: It is the largest and the most populous of all the four countries in the United Kingdom. England is divided into three regions - Southern England, South East England, and West Country. London is the capital of England.
- Scotland :
Located in the North-western Europe, Scotland is divided into - Borders, South West, North East Scotland, Central Belt, North East Scotland, Hebrides, Highlands, Orkney Islands, and Shetland Islands. Edinburgh is the capital city of Scotland and Glasgow is the largest city in the country.
- Wales :
Wales lies in the mountainous western peninsula of the Island of Great Britain. Wales is bound by England to the east and the Irish Sea to the west. The country is divided into three regions - North Wales, Mid Wales, and South Wales. Cardiff is the capital and the largest city of Wales.
- Northern Ireland :
Northern Ireland is one of the constituent countries of the United Kingdom. The six counties that form Northern Ireland are - County Antrim, County Armagh, County Londonderry, County Down, County Fermanagh, and County Tyrone. Belfast is the capital and the largest city of Northern Ireland.
The major cities of the UK are :
- London : The capital and the largest city of United Kingdom as well as of England, London is located on the banks of River Thames. The city has 32 boroughs. London is a one of the most popular tourist destinations of the world.
- Manchester : One of the largest urban areas of the UK, Manchester is a city and a metropolitan borough in the Greater Manchester, England. The city is located in the North West region of England.
- Liverpool : Located in North West England, Liverpool is a city and metropolitan borough in Merseyside, England. The city has several heritage sites.
- Birmingham : One of the most populous British cities, Birmingham is a city and a metropolitan borough in the West Midlands of England. Inhabitants of Birmingham are known as 'Brummies’.
- Bristol : The 6th most populous city of England, Bristol is also a unitary authority area and ceremonial county in South West England. People from Bristol are called ‘Bristolians’.
- Leeds : Considered to be a Gamma World City, Leeds is a city and metropolitan borough in West Yorkshire, England. The University of Leeds attracts many international students.
- Belfast : The capital and the largest city of Northern Ireland, Belfast is the 14th largest city in the United Kingdom. Belfast is popular for being a center for the Irish linen industry and hence is nicknamed "Linenopolis".
- Glasgow : The largest city in the Scotland, Glasgow is the 3rd most populous city in the United Kingdom. Glasgow is gearing up to host the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
- Edinburgh : The capital city of Scotland, Edinburgh is the second largest city in Scotland and the 7th most populous city in UK. The city is famous for hosting the “Edinburgh Festival”.
- Aberdeen : A quintessentially Scottish city, Aberdeen is the 3rd most populous city in the country and 29th most populous in UK.
- Inverness : A beautiful city in the Scottish Highlands, Inverness is situated at the mouth of the River Ness.
- Perth : Located in the central region of Scotland, Perth is located on the banks of the River Tay.
- Dundee : The fourth largest city in Scotland, Dundee is the 38th most populous city in UK. Dundee is also referred to as the City of Discovery.
- Cardiff : The capital and the largest city of Wales, Cardiff is the 10th largest city in the United Kingdom. Cardiff is an important tourist center and the most popular visitor destination in Wales.