Attractions in Mumbai
The city of Mumbai, formerly known as Bombay is an important commercial capital of India bustling with life and exuberance.
Located on the Arabian sea coast, this city with has moderate climatic conditions with pleasant winters and hot summers. There are several tourists places in Mumbai that attract tourists all across the globe.
Tourists can reach the city by air, road and rail. Some of the important Mumbai attractions
which are sheer to be included in the Mumbai sightseeing package are :
- Temples - Mahalaxmi Temple, Breach Candy, Jain temple
- Monuments - Gateway of India, Haji Ali Mosque, Victoria Terminus, Elephanta Caves
- Beaches - Chowpatty Beach, Flora Fountain, Juhu Beach, Marine Drive
- Gardens - Kamala Nehru park, Hanging gardens
- Museums - Nehru planetarium, National gallery of modern art, Mani Bhawan, Prince of Wales Museum, Taraporewala Aquarium
Of all the Mumbai attractions, the Hanging gardens is most popular among the tourists. It was laid in the year 1881 on the Malabar hills offering a wonderful view of the city to the visitors.
The Gateway of India was built in the year 1924 to honor the visit of Queen Mary and King George V. It has been designed in the typical Gujarati style of the 16th century.
Centrally located in the heart of the city is the the famous Chowpatty beach that is crowded with tourists all throughout the year.
|Marine Drive||Kanheri Caves ||Hanging Gardens ||Nehru Planetarium |
|Victoria Terminus||Gateway of India ||Mumbadevi Temple ||Sanjay Gandhi National Park |
|Shree Siddhivinayak ||ISKCON Temple- Mumbai ||Malabar Hill ||Flora Fountain |
|Colaba ||EsselWorld ||Rajabai Clock Tower ||Nehru Science Center |
|Mahalakshmi Temple ||Water Kingdom ||Mahalakshmi Race Course ||Juhu Beach |