Travelers or people interested in Togo can gain much by learning about all or at least most of the information on Togo
. Whatever a person's needs, it is always advisable to have a prior knowledge of a country before setting out on an expedition. The same applies to this wonderful land and information on Togo provides all the important details regarding the country.
- The country also has names like La Republique Togolaise and was formerly called French Togo.
- The Togo currency is CFA franc, made of 100 centimes and the capital of Togo is the beautiful city of Lome.
- The climate is much drier in the northern parts and in general it is tropical.
- Togo economy thrives on its chief exports, which include phosphates, cotton, coffee and cocoa.
- The important religions followed by the Togolese people are Christianity, native indigenous beliefs and Islam.
- French is the official language while others include local ones like Ewe, Kabye and Mina.
- The present President of Togo is Faure Gnassingbe.
- The international calling code of Togo is + 228.
Polyclinique Internationale Saint Joseph is present in Lome and the address is 8 Boulevard du Haho, Hedrjanawoe, BP 10039. There are also several pet hospitals in Togo.