is a city in Taiwan. It is located in the south eastern side of the island of Taiwan. It faces the Pacific ocean. Taitung is Taiwan's third largest city in terms of size.
The size of the city is about 3,515 square km. The two major attractions of Taitung are its two islands Orchid island and the Green Island. The hot springs in Green Island is a salt water spring. These type of hot springs are very few in the world. The Central Mountain Range also adds pictorial beauty to this city. Large number of artifacts and stone coffins have been preserved in the National Museum in Taitung. These stone coffins and artifacts were excavated in the 1980s. The museum display the historic lifestyle of Peinan communities.
Taitung's scenic beauty attracts many people across the globe every year. Some of the attractions of Taitung are as follows:
- Subtropical animal and plants
- Historical sites
- six different cultures of Aboriginal tribes
- Lanyu Green Island which glorifies the beauty of Pacific
- Tungho Bridge
- Stone Parasol
- Taiyuan Basin
- Three Fairy rocks
- Shanyuan Bathing Beach
- Eight angel caves
- Near Tawu, Golden Dragon Lake
- In Chinfeng Hsiang, Chinlun hot spring
- In Peinan Hsiang, Chihpen hot spring spa
- Hua Tung Long Valley between the coastal ridge and the Central Mountain Range
- In Chishang Hsiang, Tapo Lake
- In Yenping Hsiang,Maple leave spa
- In Wulu, Tienlong Bridge
- siang Yang, Litao Basin Village
Taitung can be reached in seven hours from Taipei. You can get local flights from Kaohsiung and Taipei airport. Taitung gets the most number of tourists every year.
A holiday in Taitung city will give you a memorable experience.