Maps of World
Current, Credible, Consistent

Zug Map





Zug is a beautiful small Swiss town. It is located in the northern eastern part of the Zug Lake. In this town most of the people speaks in German. The predominance of Roman Catholic religion can be felt over here.
Initially this town of Zug (1240) was known by the name of Oppidum . It used to be governed by a bailiff who was appointed by the Habsburgs and a council. On 27 th June, 1352 the Swiss town of Zug joined the confederation. In 1385, Zug entered the league of the Swabian cities against Austria's Leopold III. Later on it started acquiring different districts which fell under its own jurisdiction. The town mainly started dominating the northern and western part of the country till 1798. During the period of reformation Zug retained its old tradition and custom and had been the member of the Christliche Vereinigung . In 1586 it got the membership of the Golden League.

The breathtaking view of this small town is enchanting the Zug dwellers since a long time. It is situated in the lake shore. One can also enjoy the view of snowy peaks from this lakeside region. We may also come across several historical, old buildings in this small Swiss town of Zug. The most remarkable among them is the parish church of St Oswald . Apart from this there is N ew Parish Church of St Michael, town hall, old painted houses, business quarter, Capuchin convent etc. But now with the course of time many modern building s including restaurants, hotels are seen to be rising.

In the south western part of this town Capuchin convent, a girls' school and some other educational institutions can be seen.

This comfortable Swiss town also provides good transport facilities. These modes of transportation include railways, motorways and water transportation.

  Cities in Switzerland  




Looking for Expert Cartography / GIS Services?

Contact - Parminder Singh (+91- 9910492371 IST)

For all Mapping Needs and Business Queries

Contact - Antoine Maddox (+1 408 637 0064 PST)