Location Ajdovscina - It is located at 45053' N and 13055' E in the western part of Slovenia, about 25km from the Adriatic Sea on the foothills of Caven.
Reaching Ajdovscina - The city can be reached by rail, road and air. It is connected by the motorway A1 and A12 to Ljubljana - Koper and Nova Gorica. Rail services from Nova Gorica is also pretty dependable and a small airport near the city itself services it regularly.
Sightseeing Ajdovscina - Ajdovscina offers many a feast for the eyes, with a rich cultural, architectural and natural heritage it is a curious blend of history and natural beauty. The following are the most important sights of Ajdovscina:
- Roman Settlement Castra
- Hubelj River
- Sturje Pilon Gallery in Ajdovscina
- Museum at the Old Mill
- Vipavski Kriz
- Roman Stronghold Ad Pirum (Hrusica)
- Smreka dell (Smrekova draga)
- Square of the First Slovene Government
- Trnovo Forest
- Fossil Deposit in the Vicinity of Uhanje
- Velike Zablje Manor
- Roman Road
- Karren in the Vicinity of Col