Founded in: 1926
Frequent Flyer Program: MileagePlus
Airport Lounge: United Club
Alliance: Star Alliance
Headquarters: Chicago, Illinois, US
Company Slogan:"You're going to like where we land!"
Fleet Size: 712
- O'Hare International Airport, Chicago, Illinois
- Denver International Airport, Denver, Colorado
- Washington Dulles International Airport, Washington, DC
- San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco
- Maintenance hub (MRO) San Francisco International Airport, San Francisco
- Los Angeles International Airport, Los Angeles
- Narita International Airport, Tokyo, Japan
United Airlines covers about 73 domestic destinations and 41 international destinations in 25 countries across the 7 continents namely Asia, Americas, Europe, Oceania, and Africa.
Major destinations covered by United Airlines are:
United First: "United First" is offered on all flights. The check in counters for United First passengers are separate and have privilege to use priority security screening where available. On board, passengers receive pre-flight beverages, table linens and a five course meal. United First passengers are given priority while boarding, baggage handling and get the access to the International First Class Lounge. United First passengers also get complimentary beer, wine, spirits, soft drinks and freshly brewed coffee and complimentary movies on all flights of three hours or longer.
United Business: United Business passengers get amenities like pre-departure beverage services, spacious seats with a full 6-foot 4-inch recline bed, individual 15.4-inch video screen
United Economy:United Economy passengers get facilities like complimentary soft drinks, juices, tea and freshly brewed coffee, premium wines, beer and spirits available for purchase on all flights, complimentary video and audio on all flights, seat back video screens on all international three-cabin 767 and 777 aircraft, pillows and blankets, complimentary meal service, complimentary movies on flights of three hours or longer.
Economy Plus: All the United aircrafts feature a special cabin class called "Economy Plus". Economy Plus seats offer up to five extra inches of legroom, are the simple choice for extra comfort at the best value. And their location near the front of the economy cabin gives the added benefit of making a swift exit from the plane upon arrival.
For more information, refer http://www.united.com/page/middlepage/0,6998,1128,00.html
United Airlines Fleet Size:
United Airlines operates about 356 aircraft with an average fleet age of 13.5 years. The total fleet size of United Airlines is about 712. Some of the aircrafts operated by the airline are:
- Airbus A319-100
- Airbus A320-200
- Airbus A350-900
- Boeing 747–400
- Boeing 767-300ER
- Boeing 787-8
United Airlines offers a variety of In-flight services to its passengers ranging from movies and shopping to lip smacking food.
Entertainment: United Airlines provides a number of movies and TV series to its passenger on the flight.
Meals and Beverages:Business class passengers receive three course meals designed by Chef Charlie Trotte. There are many special meals and beverages available to all the passengers on board. Liquor is also available on purchase.
United's international duty-free service: Passengers can shop duty-free during the flight and save up to 40% off local retail prices.
SkyMall: The SkyMall catalog brings a wonderful selection of high-quality, unique and innovative products from the best brands in America, including Casio, Frontgate and Hammacher Schlemmer. The SkyMall catalog can be found in seat pocket on all United and United Express flights worldwide. SkyMall features a best-price guarantee, and all purchases come with a 60-day, no-questions-asked return policy.
United Airlines Check-in Options:
Check-in is available starting 24 hours before your scheduled departure. Online check-in option is also available. Passengers can select their seats online and spend less time at the airport. To check-in online on United Airlines: http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,50446,00.html
United Airlines Careers:
United Airlines attract hundreds of applicants every year. With 80 long years of excellence in aviation service behind it, the United Airlines focuses on delivering optimum services to its customers as well as to its employees. Being one of the best airline companies in the country, it offers lucrative job offers to aspirants looking for a career in the aviation industry. United Airlines looks for the following qualities in the candidates:
- Airport Operations and Contact Centers-Reservations
- Flight Attendants
- Professional and Technical Experts
- Free air travel all over the world for eligible family members.
- Health and dental insurance
- Life insurance
United Airlines Reservations:
United Airlines reservations can be made online, through telephone or directly. You can visit any the worldwide offices of United Airline to book ticket. Reservation can be done online as well. For booking a ticket via phone, call 1 800 864 8331.
Unites Airlines Lounges:
The United Club is the airline lounge associated with United Airlines and Continental Airlines, as well as their regional affiliates. Prior to the United-Continental merger, United Airlines lounges were known as the Red Carpet Club and Continental Airlines lounges were are known as the Presidents Club. It operates 50 lounges in 39 major airports around the world. The cost of United Club access varies with elite status, ranging from $375 per year for a 1K elite to $475 for general members.
United Airlines Cargo:
Consignments are organized and packed in such a manner so as to guarantee safe passage with normal care and handling Check more about United Airlines Cargo: www.unitedcargo.com/
United Airlines SkyNET was introduced to facilitate the passengers flying in this airline and enabling the employees to serve the passengers better. It is a unique feature of United Airlines.
Chicago ILM 60666
United Airlines Phone Numbers:
United Customer Service:
United Airlines and member carriers of the Air Transport Association (ATA) are committed to the development of an industry wide, voluntary plan to address 12 key areas intended to improve customer satisfaction.
- Offer the lowest fare available The United Airlines has enhanced telephone reservation system, computer displays to highlight the lowest eligible fare, enabling agents to assist customers in finding the best fare for their U.S. itineraries
- Notify customers of known delays, cancellations and diversions
- At the airport there are computers to enable flight crews to update their flight status.
- They assist and inform customers whose flights have been delayed, diverted or cancelled.
- The Airline clarifies policies and procedures for accommodating them
Provide on-time baggage delivery
- Further automated baggage-handling procedures to ensure the prompt delivery of customers' baggage within 24 hours in the United States.
- Customers can check on the status of their mishandled baggage by calling a toll-free, speech-activated baggage information service phone number at 1-800-221-6903.
- Support an increase in the baggage liability limit United has increased its baggage liability to limit to $3,000 per passenger
- Allow reservations to be held or canceled
- The Airlines allow customers who purchase tickets in the United States through United Reservations, airport ticket locations, United city ticket offices or www.united.com to refund their tickets within 24 hours of purchase without penalty.
- Provide prompt ticket refunds Eligible tickets can receive a refund within 7 days for credit card purchases and 20 days for cash purchases
- Special needs commitment
- The United Airlines is committed to meeting the travel needs of all customers -- including customers with disabilities and special needs, such as unaccompanied minors and providing them with care and respect they deserve. Meet customers' essential needs during long on-aircraft delays
- There are developed contingency plans to provide food, water, restroom facilities and access to medical treatment for customers onboard an aircraft that is on the ground for an extended period of time.