Founded in: 1924
Frequent Flyer Program: SkyMiles
Airport Lounge: Delta Sky Club
Headquarters: Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport - College Park, Georgia, US
Company Slogan: Keep Climbing
Fleet Size: 724
Destinations: More than 250
Founded in 1924, Delta Air Lines is based in Atlanta, Georgia. Delta is the second largest airline in the world in terms of passengers carried and the third largest in terms of revenue passenger and sixth in terms of operating revenues. It maintains alliance with SkyMiles. The airline operates both domestically and internationally.
Delta Airlines Hubs
The major hubs of Delta Airlines include :
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport - It's the largest hub for Delta Air Lines, headquarters site.
- Salt Lake City International Airport - The Salt Lake City hub is Delta's westernmost hub and the fourth largest in the United States.
- Amsterdam Airport Schiphol - It is one of the two European hubs for Delta
- Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport
- Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport - It is the second-largest hub for Delta and also serves as the airline's primary Asian gateway for the East Coast of the United States.
- John F. Kennedy International Airport - International gateway hub for Delta.
- Memphis International Airport
- Minneapolis-Saint Paul International Airport - Third largest hub for
- Narita International Airport - Delta's Asian hub
- Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport - One of the two European hubs for Delta.
Although not considered hubs, Los Angeles, Washington Reagan, Tampa, Miami, Baltimore, Orlando, New York LaGuardia, St. Louis, Boston, Chicago O'Hare, Raleigh-Durham, and Seattle have large Delta operations.
Destinations Covered :
Delta operates about 1,534 flights daily. Delta Airlines along with Delta Connection and other flights from SkyTeam operates about 6795 flights daily. Delta covers nearly 332 destinations. It lands to 240 domestic cities and 49 states. Some of the destinations covered by Delta include:
Delta Cabin Class :
Business Elite :
It is Delta's international business class which is available on the Boeing 767-300ER, 777-200ER, 777-200LR, 767-400ER, and select 757-200 aircrafts. Delta's standard recliner BusinessElite seats on Delta's 767-300ER fleet have 60 inches (1,500 mm) of pitch, 160 degrees of recline, and 18.5 inches of width. Passengers in the BusinessElite cabin class receive free meals, refreshments, alcohol and an amenity kit. All seats are equipped with a personal, on demand In-Flight-Entertainment (IFE) system, universal power-ports, a moveable reading light, and a folding work table. The passengers can use their laptops so that they remain connected with their business. The passengers are given excess baggage facilities.
Domestic First Class:
First Class is offered on Airbus A319 and A320, Boeing 737-700, 737-800, 757-200, 757-300 and domestic 767-300, and McDonnell Douglas DC-9-50, MD-88 and MD-90 aircraft. Some CRJ-700s and CRJ-900s, and Embraer 175s operated by Delta Connection carriers also have First Class. Seats range from 18.5-20.75 inches wide, and have between 37-40 inches of pitch. Passengers aboard this class receive free snacks, drinks, and alcohol, with full meal service on flights 600 miles and longer.
Economy Comfort Class:
The seats have 35 inches (890 mm) of pitch, 50 percent more recline over standard economy seats, and are distinguished by a gray headrest with embroidered 'Economy Comfort' branding and red seat row placard. Additional amenities include priority boarding in Zone 2, free spirits as well as free HBO programming.
International Economy Class:
Economy Class is available on all international flights. Seats range from 17 to 18 inches (460 mm) wide, and have between 31 and 33 inches (840 mm) of pitch.
Domestic Economy Class:
Economy Class is available on all domestic flights. Seats range from 17 to 17.5 inches (440 mm) wide, and have between 30 and 33 inches (840 mm) of pitch. Passengers aboard this class receive free drinks and snacks.
Delta Air Lines - Fleet Size
Delta has got a fleet size of 452 aircrafts. Some of the aircrafts operated by this airline include:
- 16 McDonnell Douglas MD-90
- 117 McDonnell Douglas MD-88
- 2 Boeing 777-200LR
- 8 Boeing 777-200ER
- 21 Boeing 767-400ER
- 59 Boeing 767-300ER
- 21 Boeing 767-300
- 137 Boeing 757-200
- 71 Boeing 737-800
Delta In-Flight Services:
Flying with Delta airline is absolutely comfortable as it offers a number of services to its customers. Some of the services include:
- Refreshments - A selection of complimentary, high-quality, palatable snacks are offered on Delta flights within the 48 contiguous destinations like United States, to Canada and selected Latin American & Caribbean.
- Meals and Drinks - Passengers can expect multi-cuisine delights in the course of the flight. Depending on the class, the travelers are given choices from Snack Baskets and the Complimentary Meal Services. The Delta Shuttle Flights and the Alaska, Hawaii and International Flights are always prompt to offer the broad selection of food items, special meals and alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks. A selection of complimentary beers, wines, and cocktails are offered in premium cabins. Complimentary beer and wine is offered on all Delta Shuttle flights. There is a $5 charge, per beverage, in Economy Class on Delta and Delta Connection carrier flights. Mile High Mojito and Mango Kiss are hot favorites among the travelers.
- In-flight Entertainment : Delta Airlines takes care that the journey does not become monotonous, and to make it memorable, the passengers are given a choice from the selection of movies, music and other forms of entertainment. They can opt from the selection of In-seat movies, the different programs from radio or they can surf through various television channels according to their taste.
- Emergency Assistance
- Medical Care
- Life Care
- Special care for elderly people, children and expectant mothers
Delta Check-in Options :
It is recommended that the passengers check in 75 minutes before departure if traveling within the U.S. Check-in usually closes 30 minutes before departure. Online and mobile check-in is also available. Online check-in opens 24 hours before departure and closes 30 minutes before departure for flights within the U.S. and 60 minutes before departure for international flights.
Delta Offices Worldwide :
Delta Airline has its offices in a number of European, Asian as well African countries such as:
Delta Airlines Reservations
You can visit any the worldwide offices of Delta Airline to book ticket. Reservation can be done online as well. Delta also offers its passengers the option of phone booking.
Customer Benefits :
Regular flyers of Delta can avail various facilities such as:
- Last Minute Deals
- Delta Vacation in Orlando at a discount rate
- Delta Vacation in Cancun at a discount rate
- Delta Vacation at Atlantis Paradise Island
- Get away on Atlanta flights
- Get away on New York flights
- Deals on New York flights
- Business Class travel at a discount rate
Delta Airlines Careers :
Delta Airlines is one of the largest airline operators, so the airline has various types of job openings. Qualifications for the jobs at Delta Airlines differ based on specific requirements. The minimum age for qualifying to any of the Delta Airline jobs is 18 years. Some of the important Delta Airlines Jobs are:
Eligibility: The person should be at least 21 years of age and should be a graduate of a four-year degree program from a college or university accredited by a recognized accrediting organization. Candidates who have completed post-graduate qualifications will be given preference. The candidate should also have minimum of 1,200 hours of total documented flight time and minimum of 1,000 hours of fixed wing turboprop or turbofan time. He should also have FAA Commercial Fixed Wing Certificate and necessary Medical Certificates.
2) Management or Professional Jobs
3) Customer Service and Reservations
Eligibility: The person concerned handles all facets of work associated with ticketing and making reservations for passengers and those activities necessary to board and deplane passengers, including tagging and lifting passenger's baggage to a bag belt for delivery to the ramp. It is his duty to proactively greet customers, assesses their needs, explains Delta's available technology alternatives, and directs them appropriately. The candidate should have a valid driver's license, should be proficient in reading and writing, written grammar and Mathematics. He should also possess excellent communication skills.
4) Technical Operations
5) Internship Opportunities
6) Co-operative Opportunities
7) Aircraft Support Mechanics:
Eligibility:The candidate concerned must be able to read and write English and be able to comprehend and apply information contained in technical manuals. The person concerned requires high school diploma or G.E.D. The candidate should have at least six months of acceptable mechanical experience or appropriate technical training. Candidates who have graduated from high school with a vocational diploma or other diploma that includes a minimum of six (6) units of study (2-3 years) in a major vocational field can apply for the post.
8) Consultant Contract Management:
Eligibility: The person concerned directs all commercial and financial aspects of the outsourced HR services. He establishes and maintains mechanisms to quantify and track HR business-value-delivered and will be also responsible for the communication, lock down and monitoring of value realization with business units. The candidate should have experience of 8-10 years in finance or accounting. CPA or Advanced Degree is preferred in case of the selected candidate.
9) Flight Attendants:
Eligibility: The person concerned should be able to fluently read, write and speak English as well as Italian. The person concerned will be responsible for the comfort and safety of the passengers and he or she should be able to extend a helping hand to make the journey safe and comfortable. The person concerned is responsible for making the passengers aware of the security system of the flight and assist them in all the in-flight services.
For More Jobs: http://www.deltajobs.net/career_destinations.htm
Delta Air Lines Lounges: Delta Sky Club
Delta Air Lines has over 50 Sky Club lounges located across the US and internationally. These lounges are attractive but small and too busy a facility for the number of passengers who use it. Lounges feature complimentary wireless internet, satellite TV, showers, business facilities and fully stocked bars which also serve snacks throughout the day. BusinessElite and Delta SkyClub members have access to lounges. Day passes to Sky Club lounges can also be purchased.
Contact Delta Air Lines:
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
1030 Delta Boulevard
Atlanta, GA 30320-6001
|Reach by Mail:
Delta Air Lines, Inc.
P.O. Box 20706
Atlanta, Georgia 30320-6001
|Reach By Phone:
Reach by Email:
Last Updated Date: May 18, 2016