Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions very carefully before registering for this website, identified by the uniform resource locater – http://www.mapsofworld.com/recognition/ (“this website” or “Recognition”). Compare Infobase Limited (“CIL”) is the parent company and owns the proprietary rights of Recognition. Participation in the Program indicates that you accept the Terms and Conditions of this Agreement. You are requested to click “Create my account” button only when you agree with the Terms & Conditions.
This Agreement (hereinafter referred to as “Agreement”) has been made and entered into by and between CIL and You. In consideration of the mutual covenants made herein, you agree on the terms and conditions set forth below –
1. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, you hereby agree to perform the services set forth herein and You hereby accepts all such engagements.
2. From time to time this Website shall open issue based topics and you will be free to write an article on the topic, within specified word limit. You will write and submit the article on the topic assigned by CIL using your own resources (i.e. Computer and Internet Connection etc.). You acknowledge that you will submit original article and the submitted Article is free from any and all third party copyright claims.
3. CIL reserves the right in its sole discretion, to accept, approve or reject the Article after evaluation of the submitted article. However, it is not possible to screen each and every article posted by the user(s) and any content/article found or reported objectionable, will be deleted at CIL's sole discretion, without any prior Notice to the User.
4. You agree and acknowledge that once submitted, you irrevocably and exclusively provide royalty-free perpetual license to CIL for publication of the Article against the Author Recognition on our website. You acknowledge that apart from recognition, you shall not be entitled to any other compensation or benefits from CIL.
5. You agree and acknowledge that you will submit your own original content and that the submitted article, in no way, infringes any third party’s copyright or any other intellectual property rights. You also agree and acknowledge to indemnify and hold CIL harmless against any third party claim pertaining to infringement of intellectual property rights related with the submitted article(s).
6. You expressly agree and acknowledge that CIL shall be entitled to injunctive and other equitable relief in the event of, or to prevent a breach of any provision of this Agreement by You. Resort to such equitable relief, however, shall not be construed to be a waiver of any other rights or remedies that CIL may have for damages or otherwise. The various rights and remedies of CIL under this Agreement or otherwise shall be construed to be cumulative, and no one of them shall be exclusive of any other right or remedy allowed by law.
7. This Agreement shall under no circumstances, renders You an employee, partner, agent of or joint venture with CIL or Recognition for any purpose. You are and will remain a freelancer in your relationship with CIL. You shall have no claim against CIL hereunder or otherwise for vacation pay, sick leave, retirement benefits, social security, worker’s compensation, health or disability benefits, unemployment insurance benefits, employee benefits of any kind or any other compensation/benefit of any kind.
8. CIL reserves its right to terminate this Agreement at any time without any notice period or disclosing any reasons thereof, by intimating you and terminating/suspending your account.
9. Any dispute, controversy or claims arising out of or relating to the construction, meaning, scope, operation or effect of this Agreement or the validity or the breach, shall be under the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts located at Delhi.
10. CIL reserves the right to revise these terms at any time and provide you notice in this regard by an e – mail to your registered e – mail ID. Your access to Recognition after such notice would be treated as your acceptance to the revised terms.
11. These terms were last amended on may 21st 2012.