The College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools, and it is also a charter member of the Nebraska Council on Teacher Education, and a regular member of the Nebraska State College System.
The College provides its popular courses through three academical schools under it.
The three Schools under Peru State College are:
- School of Arts and Sciences
- School of Education
- School of Professional Studies
The various programs offered by the College are:
- High School Early Entry Programs
- Honors Programs
- Bachelors Programs
- Masters Programs
- Vocational programs
- Certificate Programs
The Peru State College has many programs through which it offers courses to its students under diverse areas. Be it science, arts or commerce, the state college has covered all the academic areas.
The various study areas in Peru State College are:
- Fine Arts
- Graphic Design
- Animation and Designing
- Literature and its history
- Journalism and Mass Communication
- Language and Linguistics
- Introduction to Theater
- Mathematics and its theories
- Applied Music
- Biology and its fundamentals
- Chemistry and its fundamentals
- Earth Sciences and its fundamentals
- Principles of Financial Accounting
- Principles of Managerial Accounting
- Legal Environment and Contract Law
- Organizational Communications
- Production Management
- Human Resource Management
- Business Finance
- Principles of Economics
- Survey of Criminal Justice
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Principles of Sociology
- Human Growth and Development
- Social Psychology
- Early Childhood Education
- Health and Physical Education
- Sports Education
- Health Care Programs
Additional resources of the College:
- The College has various student organizations, which keeps an eye on the requirements and problems of the students, in and outside the campus.
- A student representative body, called 'Student Senate', is there in the College, the candidates for which are elected by an annual vote.
- The College has a campus activity board, which has the responsibility of arranging and funding the activities on the campus.
- College provides secure accommodation to the students in various on- campus hostels.
- The Peru State Times, is the official student newspaper of the college, earlier known as The Pedagogian.
- The College has an on-campus television station, which broadcasts the local announcements of the campus, from time to time.
Financial Aid Programs at Peru State College:
1.Grants - The main difference between grants and loans is, that it need not be repaid, as it is only offered to the students with exceptional monetary requirements, and only to the undergraduates. The various factors that determine the eligibility for grants aid are, family income, family size, family possessions, and similar things. These are the schemes under Grants aid,
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant
- Nebraska Opportunity Grant
2.Loans - The College also has various loan programs for the students, which has different eligibility and repayment schemes. These loans are taken by the students and on completion of the course ( usually after 60 days of completion), the period of the repayment begins. The various loans schemes are:
- Federal Stafford Loan: 3.4% interest on subsidized loan, while 6.8% on unsubsidized loan.
- Federal PLUS Loan: this loan is for parents, provided on an interest rate of 7.9%.
3.Workstudy – This program helps those students in getting a proper employment along with their studies, who are need of monetary aid. For the students who prefer working and taking care of their educational expenses rather than indebting themselves for future, this one is a great plan.
4.Scholarships – The College offers various scholarships to the students, based on their talent, grades, requirements, or achievements in different spheres.
News and Announcements by the College:
- The English professor of the College, Dr. Dan Holtz, has been elected the president of the Nebraska State Historical Society (NSHS), Board of Trustees, who began his term of office on 1st January 2012.
- Five new faculty members joined the College, one of whom is a Fulbright scholar. Dr. Elina Ibrayeva, joined the Business Department, Mr. Aaron Knape joined the Accountancy Department, Mr. Vijay Sharma joined the Criminal Justice Department, Dr. Stacy Bliss -Fudge joined the Psychology Department while Ms Evi Wusk joined the Education Department. The College welcomed all the five professors, in November 2011.
- The student center of the College witnessed a holiday Mardigral Dinner, on 9th and 10th of December, which was history recreated, with spirited music, intense drama, humor and food, everything according to 16th century.
- The cheerleaders of the College joined a local family of Nebraska city, to raise money for Epilepsy Foundation. The activity, called Think Positive, Walk for Epilepsy, happened on 21st November at the Al Wheeler Activity Center.
- The Peru Theater Company played 'The Seafarer', on November 17 and 20th in the Jindra Fine Arts Building's Black Box Theater. The award winning play is by Irish playwright Conor McPherson, written in 2006.
The sports teams have been named 'The Bobcats', having the logo of the head of a wild cat, and are amongst the most renowned teams. The College has separate state teams for both, men as well as women, and offer eight sports, five for women and three for men. The teams have played many state and intercollegiate tournaments, and have brought many awards for the College. The different teams and games by Peru State College are:
- Cheer leading
- Cross Country
Online Education by Peru State College:
Peru State College provide online education to resident and non-resident students. The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools has given credit to this college for making higher education accessible to the mass, around the globe. The National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education have accredited Peru State College for providing high quality distance degree at a cost, well below the national average.
State College of Peru offers the online courses in an accelerated eight week or sixteen week format. It is providing Bachelors and Masters degree programs in arts, teaching, pre-professional fields and professional studies, showing a fast growth. The number of students have made a record. The high quality and the affordable charges has made it acquire a considerable position.
Some of the most recognized online programs by the College are:
Minor / Undergraduate Programs-
- BS in Accounting
- BS in Human Performance and Systems Management
- BS in Computer and Management Information Systems
- BS in Marketing
- Business Administration Management
- BS in Criminal Justice Administration
- BS in Criminal Justice Counseling
- BS in Psychology
Major/ Graduate Programs-
- Masters of Science and Education: Curriculum and Instruction
- Masters of Science in Organizational Management
Resources and main features for online education:
- Students have an access to the online lectures, updated by the College authorities on a regular basis.
- Students can also involve in the online group discussions or interactive sessions with the teachers and peers, to clarify their queries.
- Students also have the added advantage of being able to write assignments online , which will help them in keeping pace with their studies and on-campus counterparts.
- Through online means, projects and exams can also be taken by these students, which is the main objective of their online education, as it will earn them higher degrees.
- The job guidance is another aid that students can access through online faculties.
These online programs are as meritorious and advantageous to the students as any on-campus program, thereby making the online education of Peru State College, one of the most sought out in the entire South America.