The city of Asuncion in Paraguay offers a number of attractive sights. The weather of Paraguay is mostly comfortable that make the tourism in Paraguay a bliss. The roadways are pretty good that make it a comfortable journey for any tourist. There are regular checking operations at various posts of Paraguay. These checks assure the tourists of a safe tour of Paraguay. The international airport in Paraguay makes it convenient for the tourists to reach the country.
There is a wide range of the species of flora and fauna in Paraguay. The tourists can spend hours on visualizing the natural wonders of the country. The parks and sanctuaries in Paraguay are well taken care of by the concerned authorities.
The rivers of Paraguay offer the tourists the adventurous sports like yachting. There are various routes for hiking and trekking too.
Maps to Explore More About Paraguay
Paraguay Culture Tours
Paraguay culture tours are really something very exciting while touring through the various cultural sites of Paraguay. The culture tour of Paraguay brings the tourists in close unison with the heritage of the land.
Paraguay culture tours must include a visit to the capital city of Asuncion. One will be overwhelmed to witness the architectural marvel at the Old Town area. The Lopez Museum is located in this place. This used to be once the residence of the Lopez family. There is also a library in the museum. One can also visit the Central Circuit area of Paraguay which has got a church. This church has been built in a typical Gothic style. San Lorenzo is the place which houses the university halls of residence and dates back to the year of 1775.
Planning for a Paraguay honeymoon is an ideal one. There are a large number of places for honeymooning in Paraguay. Traveling in the various honeymoon destinations of Paraguay will make one cherish the memories throughout their life.
Paraguay honeymoon will be really something special while touring through the grassy plains, lagoons, parks and adventurous forests. There are a number of parks to spend some quite moments in the capital city of Asuncion. There is a Botanical Garden near the Paraguay River. Sitting by the river and enjoying the cool climate is really something worthy. Couples can also spend some tranquil moments by visiting the Iguazu Falls located near the Parana River. Salto Crystal Falls is another well known waterfall of the place.
The best time to plan for a Paraguay tour is during the winter months between May to September as summers are very hot.
Besides, one can also visit the place during the month of February as the celebration of the carnival of Asuncion takes place during this time of the year.
Paraguay is a South American country, which attracts tourists every year in large numbers. There are a number of destinations for spending Paraguay vacations. Some of them are given below:
- The Asuncion region is full of green parks. One can have an exotic view of the city from Parque Carlos Antonio Lopez high above Asuncion. The tourists can also pay a visit to the zoological garden, museum of the place. A visit to the Salto Crystal Falls and Iguazu Falls is a must.
- The Central Circuit is another major tourist site. There is a Gothic-style church, old colonial buildings in the Paraguari village area as well as the holiday center of Chololo.
- Chaco region has got national parks like the Cerro Cora, Defensores del Chaco, Enciso and Tifunque. There are also protected forests in Mbaracayu and Nacunday.
For holidaying in Paraguay, one can pay visit to this place during the festive months. One of the major festivals of Paraguay is Virgen de la Candelaria. This takes places from 2nd to 14th February. The Alarcitas Handicrafts Fair Dia de Santa Cruz takes place from 2nd May to 4th May. Festival de San Juan is another major festival that takes place in the month of June. One can also go for an eco-tourism in the national parks of Chaco region. For fishing there are plenty of opportunities in the Parana and Tebicuary rivers.
Traveling in Paraguay, one will come across a number of shops in Calle Palma. Some shopping items include nanduti lace, leather products, jewelry, wooden handicrafts and so on.
Paraguay Bus Service
The frequency in the Paraguay bus service makes it convenient for the tourists to make a tour of Paraguay at an affordable cost.
The rich condition of the roadways make the journey by the bus service of Paraguay a grand experience for the travelers. The tourism authority in Paraguay has made further plans to enrich the road conditions and to create new routes. The regular checks on the roadways of Paraguay by the security authorities make it safe for the travelers to tour the country by Paraguay bus service.
The buses ply throughout the day at regular intervals on the roads of Paraguay. This mode of transport in Paraguay is considered to be the cheapest way to enjoy the tour of the country. There are few different categories of buses in Paraguay. A few of them are as such:
- Servicio directo - These buses do not stop in all the bus stops, but only in the fixed locations of different Paraguay cities.
- Ejecutivo - These types of buses charge more than the other ones. They offer deluxe services with the availability of tea and coffee
- services and toilet within the buses.
- Servico removido- The flag stops are made by these buses.
- Comun - These are the buses with the basic amenities. They make stops only in a few selected number of locations.
The Paraguay car rentalfacility is provided by a number of car rental agencies in Paraguay. Some of them are:
- Auto Europe
- Southwest Car Rental
- Mudan Automotive Ace rent a Car, etc.
Paraguay Travel Agents Paraguay travel agents make it convenient for the tourists to reach Paraguay. They also assist the foreigners to find accommodations in Paraguay.
Traveling in Paraguay is made comfortable by the Paraguay travel agents.
One of the famous travel agents in Paraguay is Exodus. This particular travel agency has been guiding the Paraguay tourists for an excess of 30 years.
The authority, which heads the travel agencies in Paraguay is Travel & Tourist Agents Association. The address of this association is as follows:
650, Juan E. O'Leary 1 Piso Helipuerto
105, Casila de correo 959 Asuncion, Paraguay
The tourists can contact this association if they feel dissatisfied with the services of the travel agents of Paraguay. The association can take necessary measures against the alleged travel agency.
Paraguay Destinations include the popular tourist attractions in this South American land. Some of the famous Destinations in Paraguay include the following tourist attractions:
- La Santisima Trinidad de Parana located at Encarnacion
- Panteon Nacional de los Heroes located in Asuncion
- Casa de la Independencia placed at Asuncion
- Government Palace (Palacio de Gobierno) in Asuncion
- Catedral de Nuestra Senora de la Asuncion placed in the town of Asuncion
- Museum of Fine Arts (Museo de Bellas Artes) placed in Asuncion
- Legislative Palace (Palacio Legislativo) in the capital city of Asuncion
- Hydroelectric Plant located in Ciudad Del Este
- Plaza Uruguaya located at Asuncion
- Museo Etnografico Andres Barbero placed in Asuncion
- Hotel Chaco
- Days Inn Terrazas del Sol
- Sheraton Asuncion Hotel
- Hotel Preciado
- Villa Morra Suites
- Hotel Palmas Del Sol
- Hotel Westfalenhaus
- Asuncion Palace Hotel
- Aparthotel Lipa
- Crowne Plaza Asuncion Hotel
Paraguay cruise journey is a wonderful one to explore the beauty of the wooded Gran Chaco region. There is an excellent weather
perfect for eco-tourism. Another area is the Pantanal which is a wetland area and flows from northern region of Paraguay to Brazil and Bolivia. If one goes for a cruise journey of Paraguay, then he will come across different migratory birds during winter season.
Paraguay cruise has got a number of package tours. It may be a short term journey or it may be an extended one. There are package tours from 4 days and 3 nights to about 11 days and 10 nights. The Crucero Paraguay Cruise takes the tourists on a journey along the Rio Paraguay. It includes the eco-regions of Chaco and Pantanal. This is really an exciting one for one will come across the abundant flora and fauna of the place. The cruise of Paraguay also makes arrangement for accommodation of the tourists.
|Ciudad del Este||Pedro Juan Caballero|
|San Lorenzo||Villa Elisa|
|Fernando de la Mora||Presidente Franco|
|Largest Cities in Paraguay|
|Ciudad del Este||Alonso|
|San Lorenzo||Pedro Juan Caballero|
|Fernando de la Mora||Hernandarias|