It as an ancient Italian town with the permanent seat of the Archbishop in the heart of the mainland. At present, the name of the city is synonymous with the some of the most well-known and important Italian cars manufacturing companies like Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, Maserati and De Tomaso.
Modena Italy possesses diverse topographical features. Situated on the Pianura Padana, The borders of the country is surrounded by the twin rivers of Panaro and Secchia, It is these two tributaries of the Po River that add further to the scenic natural beauty of the country. The two rivers fountain found in the heart of Modena Italy actually marks the symbolical presence of these two rivers on the mainland areas. Naviglio channel offers excellent waterway connection to the city from Panaro.
The Apennines is located in the southern parts of Modena Italy , some 10 kilometers away from the main city area. The population is assorted in nature belonging to diverse cultures and divided into four principal circoscrizioni:
- Buon Pastore
- San Lazzaro at Crocetta in East Modena
- San Faustino-Saliceta San Giuliano in Madonnina-Quattro Ville
- The historical region of Centro storico in San Cataldo
- Ducal Palace
- Communal Palace
- Museum Palace or Palace Museum
- Estense Gallery
- Estense Library
- The Cathedral and the Ghirlandina
- The Gothic campanile called Torre della Ghirlandina
- Museum of Mediaeval and Modern Art
- Municipal Museum of Risorgimento
- Este Headstones Museum
- Graziosi Chalks Gallery
- Archaeological and Ethnological Museum
- San Vincenzo
- The Synagogue
- The church of St. Augustine
- The church of St. Francis
- The church of St. George
- Santa Maria della Pomposa popularly called Aedes Muratoriana
The sports culture of Modena Italy is rich and diverse , centering mainly on motor racing, footballs and volleyballs. The famous football club of the city - Modena F.C plays in the Italian second division football in series B category. Volleyball has yet another significant place in the history of Italian sport, with Panini Modena club winning as many as 11 Championships on the national level, 4 Champion's League and a few more trophies in volleyball.
Modena Italy has a rich individual entity of its own. As one of the popular Italian cities, it is well known for the unity and diversity that exists among its population (176,990 in 1991) which makes travel to this land interesting and enjoyable.